• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Nice , but I have a crazy question.
As we all know, vehicles are created with crumple zones to protect the occupants.
A steel bumper will not crumple.
Can one be liable for killing someone due to having installed this bumper?

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
As we all know, vehicles are created with crumple zones to protect the occupants.
A steel bumper will not crumple.
Can one be liable for killing someone due to having installed this bumper?
Everything forward of the firewall is designed to crumple, the bar is only the very end of the crumple zone.

If you hit and kill someone, bar or not, you are very likely to be held negligent anyway. In Australia (where ARB is based) these add on bars meet our ADRs (Australian Design Rules) to be used on the road.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Everything forward of the firewall is designed to crumple, the bar is only the very end of the crumple zone.

If you hit and kill someone, bar or not, you are very likely to be held negligent anyway. In Australia (where ARB is based) these add on bars meet our ADRs (Australian Design Rules) to be used on the road.
Cool, I figured it would be made legal where it was produced.
I was just wondering about a wild scenario where , lets say a Honda Fit would 'swerve' in front & the truck would hit it on passenger side on an angle, kinda like a spear. So the end of the bumper would protrude the passenger door & crush the head of passenger.
I would think the OEM bumper would crumple but not the steel one?
Whatever, I'll go open a beer & light a joint.....

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The steel bars aren't as strong as you'd think, they fold up pretty quickly. They have to be weak to meed ADRs.

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
Cool, I figured it would be made legal where it was produced.
I was just wondering about a wild scenario where , lets say a Honda Fit would 'swerve' in front & the truck would hit it on passenger side on an angle, kinda like a spear. So the end of the bumper would protrude the passenger door & crush the head of passenger.
Whatever, I'll go open a beer & light a joint.....
....like a spear...? I fail to see the tip. I think you're on your 4th beer and 2nd doob...
Sponsored