Sponsored

AWE exhaust - experience

flip215

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Location
Ambler
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
For those that have the AWE exhaust on their RR, what is everyone’s sound experience cruising between 2000-3000 rpm.? I’m on day 3 with it and it sounds like cruising is louder than accelerating.
Sponsored

 

Salty

Active Member
Joined
May 4, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
36
Reaction score
39
Location
Cyprus
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor V6
Is the AWE unbearable highway driving in quite mode?
 

MJRR74

Member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
38
Location
Mechanicsburg
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Yes, the droning is awful. I found it between 1750-3000RPM. Fortunately, I don't do much highway driving but am still considering adding resonators.

Quiet mode on the highway is a must and it does help, but the drone is still there.
 
OP
OP

flip215

Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Location
Ambler
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
I have to put in a good 20-30 mins of cruising to verify everything but I agree quiet mode is a must. I’m also considering adding sound deadening on the doors and floor.
 

boeingDriver

Active Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
38
Reaction score
47
Location
Orlando
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Yes, the droning is awful. I found it between 1750-3000RPM. Fortunately, I don't do much highway driving but am still considering adding resonators.

Quiet mode on the highway is a must and it does help, but the drone is still there.
damn and you have to deal with those 1994 Honda civic fart can like tips!!!! Checked out awe website they are loving that massive tip look lately for all vehicles now …..not sure what changed in their department for classy looking products.
 

Sponsored

MJRR74

Member
First Name
Matt
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
38
Location
Mechanicsburg
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
damn and you have to deal with those 1994 Honda civic fart can like tips!!!! Checked out awe website they are loving that massive tip look lately for all vehicles now …..not sure what changed in their department for classy looking products.
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the size, but I have actually gotten used to them. They're not terrible once you look at them for awhile. Plus, they are clamped on so I can easily replace them. AWE seems like they've had this "big tip" look for awhile and I'm not a huge fan despite loving the sound of their exhausts. When they came out with the RR exhaust, everyone pointed to the large tips as their main gripe with the system. I guess they don't listen to customer feedback very well.
 

AMGRAPTOR

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
174
Reaction score
192
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Raptor Ranger
Mine does not have drone really in quiet mode. All I hear is my loud ass K03s. I think they developed some slight cupping. The exhaust is definitely louder than stock, but if you drive like a grandpa and barley press the gas it's really quiet with the valve closed just my experience.
Sponsored

 
 







Top