• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh

DirtDerrick

First Name
NB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DFNDR,6.7HO,DrkHrse,Braptor,150Rap,RRap,WRX,Ranger
Occupation
People Person
Installed a TurboSmart Blow off valve. Until I can get it turnt up, at least it will sound faster.

Very easy install, you'll need an inverted torx size E6 to remove factory, and to install new one. The TurboSmart does come with a couple other screw options.

Part number:
TS-0223-1082
BOV Kompact EM Dual
Port VR19

Ford Ranger BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.36.55 PM

Ford Ranger BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.23.39 PM

Ford Ranger BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.23.08 PM

Ford Ranger BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.22.40 PM

Ford Ranger BOV installed on my Ranger Raptor Pssshhhhh Pssshhhh Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 11.32.25 PM

AlpineBike

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Any reason why you went with the dual port model vs the recirculating model?

I tried both on my Focus RS and noticed quite a big increase in turbo lag when shifting with the vent to atmosphere model. I’d think having paddle shift would make that turbo lag even more noticeable.

jprime84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
Does this affect the sustained boost features in the sportier drive modes?

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
What does this do?

OP
OP
DirtDerrick

DirtDerrick

First Name
NB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DFNDR,6.7HO,DrkHrse,Braptor,150Rap,RRap,WRX,Ranger
Occupation
People Person
My wife and daughter like to hear it.

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Aren't there also BOV's designed to use recirculation venting at lower boost pressures and vent to atmosphere Pssshhhh for high boost?
Would be interesting to see if it is affected by the baja drive mode that keeps the turbo spooled-up (anti-lag) after letting off the throttle.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, Ranger Raptor on order
Aren't there also BOV's designed to use recirculation venting at lower boost pressures and vent to atmosphere Pssshhhh for high boost?
Would be interesting to see if it is affected by the baja drive mode that keeps the turbo spooled-up (anti-lag) after letting off the throttle.
I wouldnt think it would be affected at all by baja mode. The BOV does its job when the turbos stop spooling and release the back pressure. If the turbos keep spooling in baja mode, theres no back pressure when you let off the gas.

10-4 Overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Raptor Ranger, 2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
+1 to cool factor!

I've been reading about this a lot, sure tempted. My only hesitation came after watching a video where the guy mentioned they won't put an atmospheric BDV on a unit with a mass air flow sensor. His reasoning was that the ECM is tracking air in the system and adjusting fuel accordingly. If you don't recirc that air, the math is off and you will run rich here and there. Can't find anything stating issues over the life of the engine though.

Edit: are these trucks running an MAF or an MAP? An MAP would make more sense and I probably wouldn't worry..
Sponsored

Last edited: