• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Conflicting Info on Flow-Through Console

FreezingFlatlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
All indications are that there will not be as Flow Through Console yet on the 2024 Order Guide I am looking at it clearly states that the Flow Through Console comes with all trims as standard
Ford Ranger Conflicting Info on Flow-Through Console IMG_5803
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
They all have flow through consoles. No middle jump seat option.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Exits on the floor under the seats to heat/cool your feet :D

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
They all have flow through consoles. No middle jump seat option.
In the F150 world it's only considered a flow through console if it has vents on the back of the console. I've seen several complaints on the F150 forums over the years about them not working very well. I've had 4 F150s with flow through consoles, 2 worked pretty good and 2 didn't move much air at all.
In this walkaround video of a 2024 Ranger Raptor @ 7:36 the guy complains about not having vents on the back of the console.
It's not a deal breaker for me whether it has them or not. I never had any issues keeping the cab at a comfortable temp and rarely have passengers in the back.

2024 Ford Ranger Raptor IS HERE - Is It Better Than Tacoma and Colorado? (youtube.com)

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
In the F150 world it's only considered a flow through console if it has vents on the back of the console. I've seen several complaints on the F150 forums over the years about them not working very well. I've had 4 F150s with flow through consoles, 2 worked pretty good and 2 didn't move much air at all.
In this walkaround video of a 2024 Ranger Raptor @ 7:36 the guy complains about not having vents on the back of the console.
It's not a deal breaker for me whether it has them or not. I never had any issues keeping the cab at a comfortable temp and rarely have passengers in the back.

2024 Ford Ranger Raptor IS HERE - Is It Better Than Tacoma and Colorado? (youtube.com)
A “flow through console” doesn’t refer to the A/C but rather how the center console flows from the dash all the way through to the back. It means there’s no footwell in the space between the front driver and passenger. In the F-150 you have two options. Either a flow through center console or you have a middle bench seat in the front. The lower trims tend to have the bench seat.

What you’re referring to is just called Rear A/C. No Ranger built in North America will have rear A/C vents. Rangers built elsewhere in the world do have rear A/C vents. If you’re interested in more discussion there’s an entire forum thread on it with several pages of people talking about it.

Sponsored

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A “flow through console” doesn’t refer to the A/C but rather how the center console flows from the dash all the way through to the back. It means there’s no footwell in the space between the front driver and passenger. In the F-150 you have two options. Either a flow through center console or you have a middle bench seat in the front. The lower trims tend to have the bench seat.

What you’re referring to is just called Rear A/C. No Ranger built in North America will have rear A/C vents. Rangers built elsewhere in the world do have rear A/C vents. If you’re interested in more discussion there’s an entire forum thread on it with several pages of people talking about it.
All of the F150 flow through consoles have vents. I guess it has a different meaning in Rangers.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
All of the F150 flow through consoles have vents. I guess it has a different meaning in Rangers.
No it’s the same meaning across all Fords. Across all cars.

Rear air comes on the higher trims of the F-150s. The higher trims also have flow through consoles. The lower trims have bench seats and column shifters. They do not have rear air. It’s quite straightforward.

You can believe me or not but the point still remains is there’s no rear air in the NA Ranger.

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it’s the same meaning across all Fords. Across all cars.

Rear air comes on the higher trims of the F-150s. The higher trims also have flow through consoles. The lower trims have bench seats and column shifters. They do not have rear air. It’s quite straightforward.

You can believe me or not but the point still remains is there’s no rear air in the NA Ranger.
On the 13th gen F150s some of the lower trims with the Sport package also have rear A/C My buddies STX has it.

Ford Ranger Conflicting Info on Flow-Through Console s-l1600

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
On the 13th gen F150s some of the lower trims with the Sport package also have rear A/C My buddies STX has it.

s-l1600.jpg
Yes it’s an option but he also has console seats and the STX is an upgrade package. There are levels below that. For instance a work truck XL does not have the flow through console. It just depends what trim and what packages you order.