• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Craven Speed Stubby Antenna Swap

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
I’m just wondering if anyone who already received their 6G Ranger has swapped the factory antenna for the Stubby yet? I haven’t received my truck yet but, want to order now so I will have it on arrival and want I make sure it fits. Any other options people are considering to shorten the antenna?
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I’m just wondering if anyone who already received their 6G Ranger has swapped the factory antenna for the Stubby yet? I haven’t received my truck yet but, want to order now so I will have it on arrival and want I make sure it fits. Any other options people are considering to shorten the antenna?
I ordered one and will be getting it tomorrow. I'll post pictures once I have it on there.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
I already have the 5G 2in Cravenspeed ready and waiting, Same 5G antenna as stated above

Sponsored

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Is that the 2” jr or the 4” original? How does everything sound so far?

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Is that the 2” jr or the 4” original? How does everything sound so far?
2” jr and not sure I haven’t listened to the radio! I just put it on for clearance going into by garage

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
Well, I decided to order one of these today, now that my Truck has been shipped and should be here within a month.
I ordered directly from Cravenspeed (same price as ASSmazon) and the shipping was free (USPS).
I ordered it about noon today, and about 3pm I got an email notice that it shipped (with tracking number).
Best of all, the receipt from Cravenspeed stated that the Stubby Jr. fits 2019 - 2024 Rangers.

And now I see that @Xyotafella has already demonstrated this for us all to see - Thank you!

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You can keep your original in the glove box for longer trips.
My RR will just barely fit in the garage with the stock antenna. Hopefully the threads match without an adapter. I'll wait to see if there is a need for it because the roof antenna performs more functions than just am/FM reception, and the stock longer one was designed with the wavelength tuned for the vehicle. Results may vary.

OP
OP

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Thank you!

OP
OP

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
So do we know what other functions this antenna has in the vehicle? Honestly, I don’t care about AM/FM radio, but was wondering what else I may be giving up going to the shorter antenna. I too have a garage height issue and the shorter antenna is needed. Regardless I need to get it. The slightly taller 4” may fit, but is it any better than the 2”?

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
So do we know what other functions this antenna has in the vehicle? Honestly, I don’t care about AM/FM radio, but was wondering what else I may be giving up going to the shorter antenna. I too have a garage height issue and the shorter antenna is needed. Regardless I need to get it. The slightly taller 4” may fit, but is it any better than the 2”?
Not 100% sure but I would think the antenna just does AM/FM whereas the shark fin would do the rest. I know on my current truck I don't even have a antenna...it's built into the glass and the shark fin does everything else.
Sponsored