• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Factory/Dealer Paint Protection Film PPF details? Coverage areas?

Stogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Miata, Jeep, Mazda 3, BMW motorcycle
PPF is a $350 option for the Ranger. It says to see dealer for details, so I guess this is a dealer-installed option. Does anyone know what kind of film is applied, and exactly what parts it covers?
Sponsored

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I have it on my car, but it's over 17 yrs old now :)
A lot of the details were vague when I ordered so hard to say for sure.
Usually it's around the door's, and the lower area of the vehicle near the ground. Mine had it on the front bumper and front of the hood but it was a car.
usually it's a 3m, but it would be nice to know more details and specific to this add on's.
I went ahead and purchased it as I like it on my old car.
Taking it off is a pain if you want to pain it.
Took it off on my car to repaint after 17 years. Paint still looks great under it. Just not the rest of the car :D

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Probably the bare minimum like hood and maybe fenders. I got my previous truck done for $485(Canadian) and they did hood and overlap side fenders(18 inches), A pillars, roof top(18 inches), all 4 door sills, and under the headlights. They used Suntek with the 10 year warranty. Had my current vehicle and previous vehicle done by same company and will get my Ranger done once I get it.

OP
OP

Stogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Miata, Jeep, Mazda 3, BMW motorcycle
Thanks for the feedback on the effectiveness of the PPF. I guess my best bet might be to call a dealer.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I had the factory PPF on a Toyota I bought a few years ago. It was limited to some strips on the front bumper and other wear areas around the car. Since it wasn't a full bumper-off install, the front bumper left some small areas exposed around the PPF that got peppered from rocks. If you ever peeled the film off, if would look pretty weird, because you'd be able to see where the film was.

I'm planning to get a local shop to do a proper PPF application on the front of the vehicle for about $1500.
Sponsored