• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Factory Paint Protection Film PPF coverage areas?

Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra
Has anyone ordered their Ranger with the factory PPF option?

I'm wondering just what it comprises? For the price of $350 it can't be much. I've seen PPF from third party installers ranging from $1,000 to $4,000 depending on if it is a partial or full install. Would like to know what the factory PPF covered on your truck?
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
If you read the description of the option it tells you what is covered by the PPF.

OP
OP
Tommy

Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra
If you read the description of the option it tells you what is covered by the PPF.
No, actually all it says is:
Paint Protection Film
Available on XL, XLT, Lariat Models.

That's it.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
That not very much for the price they want. I had my previous truck done. Hood(18 inches from front, over the fenders(18 inches) under neath the headlights, A pillars, door sills, Roof(18 inches) and it cost me $485 Canadian installed and a 10 year guarantee.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tommy

Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra
That not very much for the price they want. I had my previous truck done. Hood(18 inches from front, over the fenders(18 inches) under neath the headlights, A pillars, door sills, Roof(18 inches) and it cost me $485 Canadian installed and a 10 year guarantee.
Not sure where you are seeing that, all i see a generic pic of the truck and the text I mentioned before

Ford Ranger Factory Paint Protection Film PPF coverage areas? Untitled

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I had mine done at a local shop. They did the hood and front fenders the same as the factory film but also did the red painted section below the headlights and in front of rear wheels plus ceramic window tint for $419.
The factory film price is a ripoff for what they install.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Not sure where you are seeing that, all i see a generic pic of the truck and the text I mentioned before

Untitled.jpg
I didn't get my Ranger done. I said my previous vehicle.