• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

BlockRanger11

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda accord
Occupation
Associate Manager
Looks a lot like these:)

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] 54BCA4BC-0432-4665-93A2-C7A1796C895C

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] DC0B0EC9-4F19-4892-B3DB-66980FC86C88

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] all new 2023 ford ranger 2

Last edited by a moderator:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Prototype doesn't look to have the same body "crease" at the top of the box. IMO that is a good thing. I really like the rendering, except for that funky crease at the top of the box and top of front fenders.

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] 2023-ford-ranger-spied-7-

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] Mule

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
CSA
Prototype doesn't look to have the same body "crease" at the top of the box. IMO that is a good thing. I really like the rendering, except for that funky crease at the top of the box and top of front fenders.

2023-ford-ranger-spied-7-jpg.jpg

Mule.jpg
Hand grip on the drivers side, yes. foot step in rear bumper. needs heated steering wheel, auto folding mirrors, north south motorized rear window. would love to see what the Raptor will look like, front grill

Carmaker1

First Name
Dr. J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Fords, BMWs, JLR, Toyotas
Occupation
Product Development
The leaked photos from a couple years ago looks more like the new Maverick that had pics just leak out. The headlights on the leaked photo and the Maverick are identical. The headlights on this spy pic are not even close and have a stacked headlamp much like the new F-150s
Nope, that is definitely P703. Not Maverick. I first saw it over a year ago and the clay mockup leaked was a pre-freeze example. This is a 2022 calendar year launch at MAP FYI.

BlockRanger11

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda accord
Occupation
Associate Manager
Nope, that is definitely P703. Not Maverick. I first saw it over a year ago and the clay mockup leaked was a pre-freeze example. This is a 2022 calendar year launch at MAP FYI.
Are y’all making the ranger raptor at map?

Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape SEL 1.5L 4wd; 2009 Mercury Mariner Base 3.0 V6 awd: 2017 Suzuki V-Strom 650 1980 Kawasaki: KZ 750E
Hand grip on the drivers side, yes. foot step in rear bumper. needs heated steering wheel, auto folding mirrors, north south motorized rear window. would love to see what the Raptor will look like, front grill
Nope. Passenger side grab handle. The rendering comes from India, where they drive on the left side of the road. If you zoom in on the rendering you can see the steering wheel & instrument cluster visor are on the right side (yellow arrow). Cant' tell if there is an additional handle on the driver's side as well.
Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] Mule

On the test vehicle, it looks like there are integral A-pillar gauges on our NA model. could be just for the tester or could be an option under consideration:
Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] 2023-Ford-Ranger-Spied-2

Ford Ranger First 2023 Ranger prototype spotted!! [UPDATED with more close-up photos] 2023-Ford-Ranger-Spied-17

Last edited:

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
CSA
The left side grip are sold in the asian market but I can't find a way to order one, if someone in the asian market is reading this they could make a few bucks selling them here in the states. It is too bad that the people at Ford can't help some of us with the upgrades we desire.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
We know the Ranger Raptor has rear coil springs. Will the Ranger have coils or leaf's.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
After reviewing a close up picture on page two, I can see it has leaf's. Makes sense to maintain the 7500lbs towing capacity
and pay load #'s.

tfisher15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F150
After reviewing a close up picture on page two, I can see it has leaf's. Makes sense to maintain the 7500lbs towing capacity
and pay load #'s.
Rear coil springs should not limit payload or towing capacity. Ram trucks have proven that.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Rear coil springs should not limit payload or towing capacity. Ram trucks have proven that.
Ok, I agree. Then built to a cost. The five-link rear coil-spring setup is more expensive then leaf setup.

tfisher15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F150
Ok, I agree. Then built to a cost. The five-link rear coil-spring setup is more expensive then leaf setup.
That is true. It will be interesting to see if Ford thinks the extra cost (and higher price) is worth it.
Sponsored