• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Ranger Raptor 6th EU unlock/chiptuning

Kostas1346

First Name
Kostas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor gen 2
Occupation
Businessman
I just heard a rumor (so take it with a grain of salt) that Ford is thinking to offer a performance pack after sale with a ECU tuner unlocking the missing Hps, like they did with the US Ranger Ecoboost Rangers they have, a kit like this:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

This would be with official Ford warranty.

But it is still a rumor and who knows if it will be done in Europe with the stupid laws we have, but at least there is a precedent that Ford Performance did this in the past.

Of course I will keep you posted if I hear something more.

Btw... it crossed my mind that we could do like a petition from EU Raptors owners to gather together and formally ask Ford do do something about it, what do you think? I try to prepare something about it, maybe if we raise our voices we might have a chance.
Yeah I totally I agree I will contact my dealer and do what I have to,either way even if ford doesn't do it I want the 400hp.
Sponsored

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2023 - Lighting Blue
Yeah I totally I agree I will contact my dealer and do what I have to,either way even if ford doesn't do it I want the 400hp.
Definitely, yesterday I got some high speed fun in Baja mode on a really bad road, that was very bumpy even for the Wildtrak, it was like floating and 100% control, the suspensions did incredibly well, but the turbo pressure and overall Hp was asking for more :D

Reactions: Doc

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Update:

My dealer contacted me today. I live in Belgium and Ford even doesn't listen to our country. The only country that could make a difference for this question is Germany. So maybe we could all contact Ford Germany and if a lot of customers complain about this. It could happen. He did tell me it won't be that simple since where talking about a performance upgrade (even if an other country does have this hp) . If it comes it always will be offroad only but thats no problem i just want the 400 hp the car is made for it. i can feel the engine wants to go but it stops at 0.5 bar. I will try to contact ford Germany as i get home.

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:

My dealer contacted me today. I live in Belgium and Ford even doesn't listen to our country. The only country that could make a difference for this question is Germany. So maybe we could all contact Ford Germany and if a lot of customers complain about this. It could happen. He did tell me it won't be that simple since where talking about a performance upgrade (even if an other country does have this hp) . If it comes it always will be offroad only but thats no problem i just want the 400 hp the car is made for it. i can feel the engine wants to go but it stops at 0.5 bar. I will try to contact ford Germany as i get home.
Exactly, even if using a caveat to be linked only to Baja mode or the exhaust in baja mode or something like this to make it possible it will be ok heheh

Maybe we should like do the petition thing and then when we have a lot of people (and I bet every one of the Raptor will sign) then send it do Ford

Sponsored

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Exactly, even if using a caveat to be linked only to Baja mode or the exhaust in baja mode or something like this to make it possible it will be ok heheh

Maybe we should like do the petition thing and then when we have a lot of people (and I bet every one of the Raptor will sign) then send it do Ford
Totally agree but how do we start something big in whole Europe? i'm sure everyone would sign but we need a course where everybody can find this... :crackup:

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree but how do we start something big in whole Europe? i'm sure everyone would sign but we need a course where everybody can find this... :crackup:
Not so hard, there are a lot of facebook group for the Raptor in EU, youtube channels and so on, the hard part is to build a strong petition with plausible reasons that are in hard contrast with the EU emissions laws :p

lostindirt

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger raptor, ford raptor 37
Hey everyone, I just joined the forum to join this conversation. I am getting a new ranger raptor in 2 weeks or so , in the EU that is.

I test drove it last week and unfortunately it is quite underwhelming power wise (also the brakes seemed weak but I will have to wait for mine to establish that- maybe there was something wrong with the demo or they are weak indeed).

I will second what someone else mentioned in this thread, that FORD in the US is offering factory upgraded tunes and I am sincerely hoping they do the same in the EU for this raptor. If not, well, here's to hoping one of the european tuners or even one of the americans can offer a solution to the european market once they start getting their hands on the ranger in the US.

As far as FORD goes, I did my part and complained to all the ford dealers/reps I know both in the EU and the US. Not that it matters as it is an EU regulation but maybe they can offer the tune and brand it "off road use only".... If not, it seems that a piggy back would be the safest warranty-wise. Also bear in mind that the ECU is probably locked (at least in the new RAPTORS in the US they were) and it might take a while (almost a year in the US market for the tuners to crack it - and you will have to remove the ECU, send it, they will program it and send it back).So...

Anyway, hi to everyone and hopefully we will get a good solution pretty soon!

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
Not so hard, there are a lot of facebook group for the Raptor in EU, youtube channels and so on, the hard part is to build a strong petition with plausible reasons that are in hard contrast with the EU emissions laws :p
Since i’m not on facebook. You guys/girls know what to do. Spread the word. 😜👍🏼

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked with my dealer here and he told me that they will try to give Ford the feedback about the users complaining about the "missing horses", hoping for that performance pack "for off-road use" :D

Sponsored

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just found this:
https://www.chiptuning.com/en/ford/...wd-10at-397hp-292kw-2956ccm/powercontrol.html

Germany based company, it seems like a JB4 or Racechip, piggyback system on various sensors, seems legit but... It mention the stock at 397Hp and a gain of 44Hp, so basically 441Hp total... but not sure if it really works for our EU version, it should since is a German company... I don't know what to think, tomorrow I'll try to call them.
Anyone of you know the brand?

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
I just found this:
https://www.chiptuning.com/en/ford/...wd-10at-397hp-292kw-2956ccm/powercontrol.html

Germany based company, it seems like a JB4 or Racechip, piggyback system on various sensors, seems legit but... It mention the stock at 397Hp and a gain of 44Hp, so basically 441Hp total... but not sure if it really works for our EU version, it should since is a German company... I don't know what to think, tomorrow I'll try to call them.
Anyone of you know the brand?
i contacted them a few years ago for my fk2 type R some where really happy about it but i don’t know. I do not trust piggybacks. The new ecu’s are so smart nowadays. Anyway some manufacturers can also see a powerbox. Temperature changes… they see suddenly the cat gets warmer ande the engine. So don’t know your still tricking the ecu and within its parameters it will adjust. Powerbox for example will say at 0.5 bar boost it has 0.4 and the ecu will gain 0.1 bar so we get 0.6. It will run lean so the engine will give more fuel. But say it will give more then the max fuel parameter it will go in limp mode… somethimes it does work well. But still.

Max_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would like to wait for a Ford Performance ECU remap, for a lot of obvious reason, also because as it is now, frankly, isn't that bad hehe yesterday evening I did another Baja fun run on a riverside dirt road with lots of bumps and a small jump (not a real jump but at 90Km/h I jumped :p), the suspensions and overall capabilities of this Raptor really make it very enjoyable.
I don't know you guys, but I'm in love with this beast, now with 1300Km on it I have the feeling that is getting better and better, more elastic and fluid on normal roads, smoother off road overall response, could it be some sort of internal training mechanism that self tune? I remember reading something about it, anyway, a pice of art, and I would like to avoid any malfunction that will ruin this dream hehe

Raptor535

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger raptor 2023
I would like to wait for a Ford Performance ECU remap, for a lot of obvious reason, also because as it is now, frankly, isn't that bad hehe yesterday evening I did another Baja fun run on a riverside dirt road with lots of bumps and a small jump (not a real jump but at 90Km/h I jumped :p), the suspensions and overall capabilities of this Raptor really make it very enjoyable.
I don't know you guys, but I'm in love with this beast, now with 1300Km on it I have the feeling that is getting better and better, more elastic and fluid on normal roads, smoother off road overall response, could it be some sort of internal training mechanism that self tune? I remember reading something about it, anyway, a pice of art, and I would like to avoid any malfunction that will ruin this dream hehe
same for me. but i think if we keep pushing Ford they will do something. I'm not saying we will get the 400 hp due the extra filter but something around 350 would be nice. We have to keep sending spam to Ford thats the only way. The reason we got this amazing new raptor is because Ford did listen to the customers about the previous raptor. It was a great machine but all the new things we got just makes it that much better. :D