• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HOT PEPPER RED Ranger Club Thread

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Took Ginger out to the Buttermilk Boulders (Near Bishop, CA) today. She handled the unpaved, snow covered road easily in 2H. Stopped along the way to take a few photos of her in the snow.

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3577.JPG
Great photos, especially the one with the mountain in the background!
Sponsored

Jon Olivier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 4x4 - Hot Pepper Red, 302A, Sport Appearance, FX4, Tow Package,
Great photos, especially the one with the mountain in the background!
Thanks! That is Mount Tom, one of the most prominent peaks when in Bishop.

Sponsored

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you... Yes im running 1.25" Bora spacers, Fox 2.0 kit front n rear and 1' block lift in back..
Nice, pretty much exactly what I want to do with mine. I'll just drool over yours till then :shock: I see you have 285s, I assume you had to cut or replace crash-bars, or did the spacers help with clearance?

tbirdz12

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Thanks,, Yes .. I put in the BDS replacement crash bars along with the spacers...... hardest part of it all is cutting the stock crash bars out..

Sponsored

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Somewhere in this 26 page thread this may have been discussed but I don't want to read through all that again. Just curious what people think as to why the Hot Pepper Red color was cancelled after one year? I have a HPR Ranger and I get a bunch of compliments on the vehicle and especially the color. I like the 2 reds that have come out on the 2020 models but not as good as the HPR. Well, I guess those of us that have the HPR have a "unique" Ranger!

Jon Olivier

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 4x4 - Hot Pepper Red, 302A, Sport Appearance, FX4, Tow Package,
Somewhere in this 26 page thread this may have been discussed but I don't want to read through all that again. Just curious what people think as to why the Hot Pepper Red color was cancelled after one year? I have a HPR Ranger and I get a bunch of compliments on the vehicle and especially the color. I like the 2 reds that have come out on the 2020 models but not as good as the HPR. Well, I guess those of us that have the HPR have a "unique" Ranger!
Likewise, I get a lot of compliments on mine too. But, I don’t see many on the road.

BcP28

First Name
Bennett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I guess it's not really a reason why, but Ford seems to rotate the dark bronzy(ish)-red colors from year to year, especially on F-series trucks. For instance my father has a 2014 F150 in "Sunset Metallic" that is pretty similar to our HPR. Ford also had a "bronze fire" among some others over the last few years that are along the same shades of red.

My guess is that there are only so many colors the plant can support, and to keep things interesting and fresh, the colors rotate.

Last edited:

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I guess it's not really a reason why, but Ford seems to rotate the dark bronzy(ish)-red colors from year to year, especially on F-series trucks. For instance my father has a 2014 F150 in "Sunset Metallic" that is pretty similar to our HPR. Ford also had a "bronze fire" among some others over the last few years that are along the same shades of red.

My guess is that there are only so many colors the plant can support, and to keep things interesting and fresh, the colors rotate.
That makes sense. And Jon, I'd have to agree that I don't see many on the road although yesterday I saw another one in my town for the first time.
Talked to the owner of the chrome trim HPR at a gas station and he said he bought it last May. If he lives in the area, it's the first I've seen of it.
Actually, I think I can say I've seen no more than 15 Rangers in the last year here in eastern Missouri. I know one area dealer has sold a few but after reading they built over 90,000 last year, it sure seems like there would be more around.

mrmag11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
This is the first car I've ever received compliments about the color! :) Now granted, before this I always bought black cars ha ha. But on two separate occasions, people have stopped me at traffic lights and asked/complimented the color.

I've had it since December 31, 2019, and here in Tampa I have only seen four other Rangers. Two white, one black, and one HPR.
Sponsored