• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is this normal: Ranger Raptor driver side an inch lower than passenger side

danmoochie

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor
Occupation
Sales manager
Quick question for the ranger Raptor owners. My question is is it normal for the driver side to be an inch lower than the passenger side? If you measu
Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I would not be surprised by that.
The fuel tanks on that side.
My TRX is like that as well. It will not surprise me if my RR is the same way especially when the tank is full.

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro
Toyota’s are notorious for this, both my Trd Pro Tacoma had the “tacoma lean”

Sponsored

24'Ranger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Vibe AWD, 2019 Outback, 2024 Ranger?
@danmoochie , One thing you can try is a suspension alignment under weight. It involves you sitting in the drivers seat while they align it. You'll have to a performance garage to have it down and not tire shop or dealer. It's something common for track cars as they need to have proper alignment for maximum grip. It's mostly for camber throughout the suspension arc but does help with toe in/out as well.

The truck won't be perfectly level but it will level it more than it is. Here's a decent video on it, Alignment Explained (+ DIY Guide) (youtube.com) .

I would do it with half a tank of gas, you and common passengers in it (or weights to simulate their weight) and other commonly carried items if you're interested.

Personally, is it worth it for a daily? Probably not. Is it worth it if you're doing performance driving? Depends on your skill set and if you're looking at getting better.

OP
OP

danmoochie

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor
Occupation
Sales manager
@danmoochie , One thing you can try is a suspension alignment under weight. It involves you sitting in the drivers seat while they align it. You'll have to a performance garage to have it down and not tire shop or dealer. It's something common for track cars as they need to have proper alignment for maximum grip. It's mostly for camber throughout the suspension arc but does help with toe in/out as well.

The truck won't be perfectly level but it will level it more than it is. Here's a decent video on it, Alignment Explained (+ DIY Guide) (youtube.com) .

I would do it with half a tank of gas, you and common passengers in it (or weights to simulate their weight) and other commonly carried items if you're interested.

Personally, is it worth it for a daily? Probably not. Is it worth it if you're doing performance driving? Depends on your skill set and if you're looking at getting better.
Best explanation yet. Thanks. I guess if it's normal I'm not as concerned. Ugh. I might have them look at alignment for free lol

John B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
retired engineer
Best explanation yet. Thanks. I guess if it's normal I'm not as concerned. Ugh. I might have them look at alignment for free lol
I went out and measured mine, it's about 3/8 inch lower on drivers side with a full tank of gas. I'd suggest driving it for 1 to 2k miles to allow suspension to settle, and measure on level surface using a body panel, not the running board.

OP
OP

danmoochie

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor
Occupation
Sales manager
Perfect. Lower but not horribly. Great advise. But it does seem all or most are indeed lower so common or not seems normal. I'll wait a while before I seek correction if any. Thanks
Sponsored