• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Maybe Got a Ranger Raptor Order...Maybe Not?

Tagtexas

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The bulletin that states the 1-per dealer that folks have talked about here is real, and multiple folks I called confirmed it- HOWEVER, I've also talked to multiple locations that never saw that bulletin, nor have an allocation to order. So then there's the question of...did that bulletin not apply to all dealers in the country? And if not, how do their allocations work?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Zaman

First Name
Gibran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, 19' Model Y LR
Unfortunately I can't answer those last two questions because I'm at the mercy of my dealer telling me when they can submit their order. I keep flopping between "they're wrong and should be able to order now" and "maybe they received different guidance", but at this point not much to do besides just wait

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Thanks. I read earlier in the messages that each dealer was given one allocation. Doesn’t sound reasonable. Can you confirm? Thanks again for your comment.
It is reasonable and typical on first batch of specialty units. And it is fact that is what is occurring. One stock unit per dealer for first production run.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
mine ordered it as stock because that's the program now, once serialized they will assign it to me. Our deal is at sticker. my 3rd vehicle from this dealer. Shelby GT500, Maverick and eventually a Raptor....

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
Computer Nerd
My Raptor was ordered as retail at first and today changed to stock order. My dealer here in Michigan was contacted by his zone rep to correct/change. As others have stated no retail orders for them now and once it is scheduled will be tied to me.

Brad

Sponsored

ny2379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
My dealer has repeated the same info as others….stock order is needed and not retail order. I was lucky to be the very first so I’m hoping my spray in bed liner doesn’t hold anything up.

Ford Ranger Maybe Got a Ranger Raptor Order...Maybe Not? 70682588162__1E389AAC-260E-4B3D-A0DB-65EB88D11C0F

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad dealers are finally waking the f up. Never should've been putting retail orders in. Unless they told the customer the stock order was taken and this was for a possible vehicle down the road when allocation is available.

Last edited:

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Well, I've been in the process of trying to order a Raptor. It doesn't seem like the smaller dealer I'm working with has had much other interest in the Raptor, so they're taking their time trying to get everything right but it makes the process feels a little slow and disjointed. But I think I'm making progress.

I sent them my build and price from Ford.com last week, and this morning I watched them order it as stock. The system accepted the order, and its the dealer's only Raptor order so far. They tried to order as retail with my name attached to it, but that triggered some constraint errors and it wouldn't go through. I ordered Velocity Blue w/ beadlock wheels and the Raptor sticker/graphic.

I haven't put down a deposit yet, or signed any kind of written agreement that this stock order has been sold to me. That still leaves me a little uncomfortable. But I'm working with one of their senior sales guys (who also does all the dealer's ordering) and he's pretty busy closing more immediate deals, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's going to do me right in the end.

Fingers crossed, I suppose!
I went in last week and their "system" let them order like a normal customer order. He just called and said Ford told him they had to order it to/as stock. He kept the original order in the system and duplicated what I wanted which was pretty much standard with only exception being deleted side decals. This will hopefully mean if the stock order goes thru it at least will be the color I wanted. I am very close to this dealer having driven for them for years pre-virus on auction pickups and dealer trades, GM is brother of one of my best friends, etc., that helps....but who knows, and yes fingers crossed....and of course we now know they won't build until Sept. as the value of my trade goes down :)

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer has repeated the same info as others….stock order is needed and not retail order. I was lucky to be the very first so I’m hoping my spray in bed liner doesn’t hold anything up.

70682588162__1E389AAC-260E-4B3D-A0DB-65EB88D11C0F.jpeg
According to my dealer when I got my '19, spray in always holds an order up. I was getting Line-X premium anyway.

Hman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor, BMW X7
According to my dealer when I got my '19, spray in always holds an order up. I was getting Line-X premium anyway.
Same. Informed by my local dealer manager that the Fords spray in bed liner is handled by a third party. He advised just going with an aftermarket product.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weird - just got this in an email :) I presume this is the one they put in before they received word they needed to order to stock?
Ford Ranger Maybe Got a Ranger Raptor Order...Maybe Not? 1685651020891

Deleted member 5711

Weird - just got this in an email :) I presume this is the one they put in before they received word they needed to order to stock?
1685651020891.png
Got the same email with my Retail order and the Dealer also has a Stock order in for me so one of them should be pulled and built someday.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those emails are worthless as those orders won't be built. Needed a stock order and you had to be the only one.

Otherwise, best to wait until q4 or later when they get their retail allocation #s.
Sponsored