• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New Name-Match and Penalties for Dealers

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Hmm, that still does not stop the dealer from adding on more $ above the MSRP. Dealer still get's the vehicle after you refuse to buy it. Finding out that your dealer has increased the price over the MSRP that you agreed upon. You just have to find the honest dealers to order from.
From my understanding Ford cannot do anything to Dealers for price gouging.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Hmm, that still does not stop the dealer from adding on more $ above the MSRP. Dealer still get's the vehicle after you refuse to buy it. Finding out that your dealer has increased the price over the MSRP that you agreed upon. You just have to find the honest dealers to order from.
They can though cause if they continue to do that and the original order person isn't the person they sell too, too many of those results in a forfeiture of all allocations and then it gets worse and worse if they continue.
However, from following the Bronco stuff, I know some dealers are A-holes, however i think there are much more good/honest ones then there are dirt bags.
All 3 in my area were willing to give me a signed purchase order at MSRP, not just a invoice or anything.
It sounds like this applies to ALL models and forfeitures not just model specific.

however, if the Dealer gets an allocation and wants to charge $10,000 more than MSRP or whatever and its "their" vehicle... then it is what it is. As long as they don't do it to reservation holders or preorders, etc

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
They could do something. They could revoke the dealer's franchise and/or no longer sell vehicles to them if they really wanted to go to the extreme. They never will do that of course because that would mean them losing out on money and distribution, but pretty sure that's within their power.
Sponsored