• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
What do we think this all-new Ranger will has that the current one doesn’t?

- fold flat rear seats
- hybrid or electric Powertrain options
- even more towing and payload
- 360 camera
- sunroof
- ventilated seats
- more safety and tech features
- some level of autonomous driving
- adaptive cruise with full stop and go
- heads up display projector
- large central screen like the RAM 1500
- whatever cool things the 2020 explorer just got
Sponsored

OP
OP

C2C1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Government

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
The Ford styling is pretty apparent in the render/concept... with the grill protruding into the headlights, and the fender vent/badge. treatment similar to the Super Duty.

2021-Ford-Ranger-chop.jpg
Just my opinion, flush this down the drain lol

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Auto companies often run through several design prototypes. Notice this truck has a front facia instead of a front bumper like the US Ranger. I personally thought it odd that the Ranger didn't conform to the current Ford truck design language. It looks like they do want it to fit stylistically for the next gen.

Also, I am guessing no one else noticed the really large step on the side of the rear bumper? Personally my favorite GM thing is the step in the rear bumper corner. I would love to see this type of side step functionality in a Ranger. The GM trucks also have a hand hold in the top of the bed rail. I can't quite make out the hole in the railing in these shots.

Ford Ranger Next gen 2021 Ranger Leaked? ste

Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced the global teacher a year before the NA ranger, so a global bumper makes sense. Still think it's kinda hideous. The bumper step is nice, but not essential on a mid size. I really don't want a sunroof--would rather have more head room, and too many cars make you take one if you want a high trim level. Would also rather have a standard can than any number of crew cab improvements, but I'll make do with an extended. :LOL:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
What do we think this all-new Ranger will has that the current one doesn’t?

- fold flat rear seats
- hybrid or electric Powertrain options
- even more towing and payload
- 360 camera
- sunroof
- ventilated seats
- more safety and tech features
- some level of autonomous driving
- adaptive cruise with full stop and go
- heads up display projector
- large central screen like the RAM 1500
- whatever cool things the 2020 explorer just got
Don't forget MORE expensive...:giggle:

All in all, about what the direction that I expected Ford to go...trendy and appropriate for their current truck Brand identity...that said, I'm happy to live with mine for a long long time:like:

Reminds me of my first gen 2003 MINI Cooper brand resurrection. Which as time passes, has become more and more iconic as compared to the bloated MAXI turds MINI has been turning out these days...the design and proportions got worse with each new release and the only thing getting better were drive train technologies, which will be the only thing that the new Ranger will offer that I will be envious of...

Last edited:

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
To me, the design queues match a new Dakota more than anything... but, just a guess.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I don't like square fenders, but those look pretty good. I like the render, but sadly have a bad taste in my mouth with this latest truck. Probably chock full of more electronic crap that will be mandatory rather than optional.

Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
I saw this same article on Motortrend this morning. I know it seems early, but as stated before, the Ranger as it's current platform sits is nearly 9 years old so it's about time for the next Gen to be making an appearance.
Why? Is there a better design for a light truck chassis?
Changing style for the sake of change is a given.
Changing chassis design for the sake of change is just plain foolish and expensive.
If there has been some engineering breakthrough Like rack&pinion steering or a new improved strut design... OK
But...
I would rather see them Do a really good powdercoat on the frame or a lowering option for the present chassis than to just build something new without cause. or how about offering a dedicated 2WD chassis?
Sometimes "new" could be bad...does anybody really still want a 2 piece driveshaft?:puke: Now there's something new... common only 60 years ago.

There has been a lot of change and improvement in Engine and transmission development in the last 9 years and a bunch of trinket apps and electronic toys , but the 2019 has that stuff.
The "9 year old chassis" complaint is just a Canard, many times I have seen the same people say don't buy it because it is too new to trust, then turn around and complain that the design is too old to buy.:giggle:

I have the best travel trailer there is and the basic design is 50years old.
I ride 25 and 30 year old bicycles which are still among the best ever made.
Right now there are only 1or2 new ones for which i would trade.
Improvement is one thing... change for change sake is quite another.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Why? Is there a better design for a light truck chassis?
Changing style for the sake of change is a given.
Changing chassis design for the sake of change is just plain foolish and expensive.
If there has been some engineering breakthrough Like rack&pinion steering or a new improved strut design... OK
But...
I would rather see them Do a really good powdercoat on the frame or a lowering option for the present chassis than to just build something new without cause. or how about offering a dedicated 2WD chassis?
Sometimes "new" could be bad...does anybody really still want a 2 piece driveshaft?:puke: Now there's something new... common only 60 years ago.

There has been a lot of change and improvement in Engine and transmission development in the last 9 years and a bunch of trinket apps and electronic toys , but the 2019 has that stuff.
The "9 year old chassis" complaint is just a Canard, many times I have seen the same people say don't buy it because it is too new to trust, then turn around and complain that the design is too old to buy.:giggle:

I have the best travel trailer there is and the basic design is 50years old.
I ride 25 and 30 year old bicycles which are still among the best ever made.
Right now there are only 1or2 new ones for which i would trade.
Improvement is one thing... change for change sake is quite another.

Well said. I especially like this:

many times I have seen the same people say don't buy it because it is too new to trust, then turn around and complain that the design is too old to buy.
Ain't it the truth..... One reason I wasn't too concerned about ordering a "first year" vehicle is because it isn't really a first year vehicle.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Ain't it the truth..... One reason I wasn't too concerned about ordering a "first year" vehicle is because it isn't really a first year vehicle.
oddly.. the 2016 Colorado/Canyons were the best ones to get due to the 6 speed tranny... after that, they added the troublesome 8 speed ones and I think I saw now some of the 6 speeds are having issues but not confirmed... I had a 2016 and it had to be re-flashed per a TSB and was an OK tranny after that.. this 10 speed Ranger trans is great by comparison.