• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
I have a Lariat and my fuel door doesn't lock when the doors are locked. I must have missed the post in here but is it supposed to?
Hi Dave,

Just checked due to a puzzlement on this statement. Used the central locking system...fuel door remained unlocked... Owner's manual does not indicate the fuel door locks, but with the terrible errors in the manual I do not trust... A look see from below did not show any wires heading toward the fuel door so I doubt I have this feature if it exists at all...Maybe on 2020 as my Lariat is a 2019...

Puzzled!

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
I have a Lariat and my fuel door doesn't lock when the doors are locked. I must have missed the post in here but is it supposed to?
Fuel door does not lock. Fuel is kept safe and uncontaminated by the magic no-cap filler tube. Unless some blighter has access to the secret funnel under the back seat. :frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Hi Dave,

Just checked due to a puzzlement on this statement. Used the central locking system...fuel door remained unlocked... Owner's manual does not indicate the fuel door locks, but with the terrible errors in the manual I do not trust... A look see from below did not show any wires heading toward the fuel door so I doubt I have this feature if it exists at all...Maybe on 2020 as my Lariat is a 2019...

Puzzled!

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

Thanks for checking I was going to give it a better look tomorrow. You're right it could be an added feature for the 2020's but I've never had a problem with any of my truck not having a locking fuel door or being cap-less.:)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
That's interesting, the Aus spec rangers have always had this option, the fuel flap is locked when the car is locked. You can only push to open it with the central locking unlocked.
Someone posted on the last page that the door locked on their Lariat. :question:
Hi Jason I just went back and found the post you were talking about. It looks like it was the Aussie ranger that has the locking fuel door. :)

Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
But then this was posted...
You're right...Now I'm confused. :crazy:
I'm starting to doubt myself now
Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger c0312

I'll check again tomorrow... my wife took my truck to work tonight (while she got a new car this weekend, go figure :giggle:).. I truly hope I'm not wrong though, there's far too many fuel thieves on this island (they go as far as drilling holes in the tanks).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I'm starting to doubt myself now
c0312.gif

I'll check again tomorrow... my wife took my truck to work tonight (while she got a new car this weekend, go figure :giggle:).. I truly hope I'm not wrong though, there's far too many fuel thieves on this island (they go as far as drilling holes in the tanks).
I just checked again (3rd time) and locking the doors does not lock the fuel door on mine. I'm not crazy my mother had me tested! :crazy: :giggle:

Sponsored

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO

RANGER PRIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I have nothing against them, or the people who have puny arms and need them....I just wanted to be first to identify a golden opportunity for a creative forum member.
They likely wont pay me royalty for the great idea, but maybe I can get in on the beta test model at least

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 1996 Ford 1t Powerstroke 4X4, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
@RANGER PRIDE is the official tailgate dampener mafia!

:LOL:
Hay Anthony the Moderator I am a old guy and I can handle my tailgate very easily without any help. As a Moderator you should know that post count is everything on a web site. :crackup:

RANGER PRIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
its not about the post count.
its about elevating the world with my opinion.
I'm lagging behind though. I might need to start a thread on octane ratings to hit a thousand posts before easter.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Why would he want to wet his tailgate? :question:

Or did you mean damper? :sunglasses:
Sponsored