• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2019 Honda CRV Touring
Occupation
Retired
The only thing I wish my Ranger had that it doesn't is a locking gas door. :)
I guess you haven't been reading about the people stealing gas just puncturing the plastic tanks now if your talking vandalism I'm not sure that they could get deep enough into the tank. All that said I kind of like the locking fuel cover as well. POM
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I guess you haven't been reading about the people stealing gas just puncturing the plastic tanks now if your talking vandalism I'm not sure that they could get deep enough into the tank. All that said I kind of like the locking fuel cover as well. POM
No, haven’t heard of that, but not surprised, sorry to say.:frown: I wasn’t really worried about the stealing gas part, but was worried about someone possibly pouring something in my tank for the heck of it. Good to know it might not get into the tank. But, it would give me a peace of mind to have it. Definitely.:sun:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
I honestly can’t think of much anything that is a “must have” for me. I’m super happy with what I have and I know the things I would want are already on the current Ranger...I just didn’t get those options.

Now some things that would make it more competitive (not necessarily things I want) could be:
  • Longer bed option on the SCrew.
  • Raptor
  • The aforementioned rear seat options (60/40 & fold flat)
  • A bit larger rear seat legroom
  • 360 degree camera (top down)
  • More towing options (like F-150 reverse tow steering knob)
  • Better interior parts quality (softer touch points, less hard plastic)
  • Better ingress / egress from bed (built in steps)
  • Some roof options (sunroof, pano roof)
  • Larger center console storage

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
It doesn't have to make economic sense to you at all,or anyone for that matter. I have owned diesels in the past,and it's my preferred engine option. NO, I have no need for a f150/250/350.
Agreed. I'm more than willing to pay extra to get better mileage (i.e. use less fuel and create less emissions, thereby not polluting as much and trying to save the planet even just a little bit). Same goes for a hybrid version.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Agreed. I'm more than willing to pay extra to get better mileage (i.e. use less fuel and create less emissions, thereby not polluting as much and trying to save the planet even just a little bit). Same goes for a hybrid version.
The problem with diesel is that particulates have turned out to be a bigger and more intractable problem than people thought 30 years ago. Dealing with the particulates eats into any potential fuel economy or reliability advantage. Maybe enough R&D could eventually overcome that, but it's hard to make a business case for that when it's pretty clear that internal combustion engines are a shrinking market. If things had gone differently with biodiesel a couple of decades ago the equation might look different, but the corn lobby got ethanol instead and the water is too far under the bridge to change that now.

Sponsored

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
One more thing ...the instrument cluster on the right side should display the entertainment info. My 2016 Explorer displayed the SiriusXM song info there, but the Ranger doesn't. Nice to have when the Sync screen is displaying something else.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One more thing ...the instrument cluster on the right side should display the entertainment info. My 2016 Explorer displayed the SiriusXM song info there, but the Ranger doesn't. Nice to have when the Sync screen is displaying something else.
It's a known bug in the version of sync currently in the ranger. The fix supposedly exists, but carmakers suck at consumer electronics and they haven't pushed the updated software to us.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
I would say,

Why the hell do we still use a key? Push button start standard.
Rear camera and sync? Horrible low def camera. Crappy picture. Sync sucks.
Sport mode is nice and I like the peddle feel but it holds the gears on deceleration way too long. I can understand that happening with tow haul mode.
With 10 speeds, you would think they could have done a better job of tuning it to keep the engine more in sync with the power needs during city driving.

That's about it. It’s a great truck for my wife. We really like it.

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
I see a lot on here about wanting the locking fuel door, which we don't have...but isn't the cap-less filler neck sealed? It requires either a pump nozzle or correct sized diameter nozzle to open it, like the Ford filler funnel. Just bringing this point up because looks like one cannot just pour stuff in there without going through a lot of trouble.

Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
DIESEL,I want a diesel option.Also,I need both the crew cab AND a 6+ ft bed. Work on it please. Center console armrest that isn't almost usable from the back seats,(sarc). More color choices,PLEASE. Not only do I love my truck,my wife loves it too,so kudos to Ford for making that part of my life easier ;}> Did I mention I want a DIESEL Ranger....
Hint,hint... You want a fullsized truck.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
There really isn't to much it doesn't have that I would want/need but a few would be:

Cooled seats
a larger engine option
Auto start/stop with a longer delay
A console tray you can actually use,not the pencil holder they give you now
Tailgate damper :lipssealed:
Better leather in the Lariat
Power rear window,it's useless without one
Eight Bucks....

Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger console1

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see a lot on here about wanting the locking fuel door, which we don't have...but isn't the cap-less filler neck sealed? It requires either a pump nozzle or correct sized diameter nozzle to open it, like the Ford filler funnel. Just bringing this point up because looks like one cannot just pour stuff in there without going through a lot of trouble.
You're trying to rationalize an irrational fear