• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Pre-tapped roof holes under factory gutters.

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Anyone think it'd be possible / strong enough to just nutzert that hole or something to bypass all the interior removal process?

I imagine you could tap them just like anything else.
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone think it'd be possible / strong enough to just nutzert that hole or something to bypass all the interior removal process?
I believe there’s already a nut and bolt in place from the factory so you’ll have to take down the headliner regardless. It really isn’t that big of a deal though. Should take no more than an afternoon and hand tools.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Found this recently. Gives much more clarity on the hole situation. Starts at 3:56. You have to drop the liner to get to the nuts on the underside of the rubber rail. Looks like it’s just sheet metal so I don’t think you can effectively tap it. I think you’ll be dropping the liner each time you change the rack which shouldn’t be often or ever for most.

Tyler90561

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
Occupation
FPL
This install is a bummer in my opinion. Coming from a Tacoma this seems so like much extra work. Not only extra work but more of a chance to mess up plastic clips.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
This install is a bummer in my opinion. Coming from a Tacoma this seems so like much extra work. Not only extra work but more of a chance to mess up plastic clips.
Trust me. This is a LOT easier than how it was on the 5G. It really isn’t hard to lower a headliner one time to put your roof rack on that will likely never come off. No rivets, no drilling, no foam tape. Interiors are super easy with interior trim tools which are easy and cheap to get.

Sponsored

Tyler90561

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Pro
Occupation
FPL
Trust me. This is a LOT easier than how it was on the 5G. It really isn’t hard to lower a headliner one time to put your roof rack on that will likely never come off. No rivets, no drilling, no foam tape. Interiors are super easy with interior trim tools which are easy and cheap to get.
I hope so. A roof rack will be one of my first mods for sure next to rock sliders. Im new to this platform and i've watched videos on the 5G and had me scared that's for sure.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I hope so. A roof rack will be one of my first mods for sure next to rock sliders. Im new to this platform and i've watched videos on the 5G and had me scared that's for sure.
Watch the video I just posted. It’s step by step.

That’s only one kind of rack (a very good rack BTW) so other may install in different ways, but that looks like an afternoon of work at most.

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Not to mention an opportune time to put some cheap sound deadening mats up in there

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Not to mention an opportune time to put some cheap sound deadening mats up in there
Butyl sheets are really cheap on Amazon.
Sponsored