• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Priority 3 Question.

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
I spoke to my salesman and the sales manager at the dealership I've been purchasing from for years regarding dealerships now having the ability to lower an in-house retail priority from a 10 to a 3. As I suspected, they had not heard of this, and made some calls, and got back to me after a few hours. The answer to lowering below a 10 was a polite "can't be done" for a regular retail order.

I was told they indeed can now lower the code to priority 3, but it's for fleet orders, mistakes on their part or "special circumstances" (whatever that may mean). They reiterated priority 10, is as low as they can go for a retail customer WITHIN the dealership. Doing a Google research, the only thing I found was a slightly older (Maverick or F-150 forum) comment on this. I did not find anything from officially from Ford stating retail customers can go below 10. Has anybody actually got a dealership to lower their order to a priority 3, or a definitive link that this can actually be done for a regular retail order? I know some people were going in or calling their dealers today, did any of you get a different answer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I’m curious what your motivation for this is. If your priority is already 10 and the dealership says they’re only able to schedule to 10, then you’re already the highest priority at that dealership. Changing it to a 3 wouldn’t make any difference.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m curious what your motivation for this is. If your priority is already 10 and the dealership says they’re only able to schedule to 10, then you’re already the highest priority at that dealership. Changing it to a 3 wouldn’t make any difference.
My motivation? I thought it was clear in my original post. But, I will be happy to elaborate. I would have no idea that a 10 is the highest priority (based upon what I have read in certain postings on this forum) until I ask, and Ford gives me a definitive response. And, if it were a fact, it would not just be at my dealership, hence changing it to a 3 would make a difference. And, as you wrote, I, or anybody else would not be able to change it to a 3 if a dealership did not have that ability, so not only would it make no difference it would be an impossibility. More importantly, I, and I'm sure many others would like to know if this is a rumor or fact. So, my questions still stands, did anybody whom was looking into this get any information that validates this "priority 3" supposition?

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
My motivation? I would have no idea that a 10 is the highest priority until I ask, and they give me a definitive response. And, if it were a fact, it would not just be at my dealership, hence changing it to a 3 would make a difference. And, as you wrote, I, or anybody else would not be able to change it to a 3 if a dealership did not have that ability, so of course, then it would make no difference as it would be an impossibility. More importantly, I, and I'm sure many others would like to know if this is a rumor or fact.
If you trust the guy from the Long McArthur videos then his video last week confirms it.

But what I’m saying is that your priority number only sets the priority within your dealership’s queue with Ford on a per model basis. So setting it from 10 to 3 doesn’t get you your vehicle any sooner. It does not mean yours gets pulled before others, that’s still determined by Ford.

https://thebronconation.com/news/what-does-the-priority-code-mean-on-my-bronco-order-t.17697/

Not trying to be argumentative with you. Just trying to understand.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you trust the guy from the Long McArthur videos then his video last week confirms it.

But what I’m saying is that your priority number only sets the priority within your dealership’s queue with Ford on a per model basis. So setting it from 10 to 3 doesn’t get you your vehicle any sooner. It does not mean yours gets pulled before others, that’s still determined by Ford.

https://thebronconation.com/news/what-does-the-priority-code-mean-on-my-bronco-order-t.17697/

Not trying to be argumentative with you. Just trying to understand.
Sorry, this is going to be a long read.

I was hoping my response did not sound "snarky." Writing comes across differently then talking in person. I do trust the Long McArthur videos, but he does make mistakes (and I did not know he had made one stating that). Just nothing in my research verifies that. So far, I've heard crickets on this post from anyone else that said they were going to look into this today and get some answers. And, if it were not important, why would the Long McArthur gentleman even mention it?

I do understand the priority code applies within the dealership only. Maybe I'm missing something, but my understanding is this...

"The priority code range for retail factory orders is 10-19. Orders submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code 19 requiring Dealer's to manually assign a lower priority code if desired. The best Dealer assigned priority code is 10."

Regular retail orders start at 19, meaning they have priority over any dealer stock order. If you are lucky enough to get closer to a 10, it will be pulled buy Ford before other orders, as long as the assembly line doesnt have any of the options on hold. " Orders get pulled by model allocation that the dealer has first, then priority code for that model, then if something cant be built because of material hold, they go to the next priority number. Order date is a tie breaker on the same priority number."

So, from the above, if that is the case would not a 3 be the "super best!" Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what I am reading?

However, really in the end, it does not apppear to matter. I don't believe, until shown otherwise, us mere retail mortals can get anything lower than a 10 until it's pulled/scheduled by Ford for production regardless if it matters or not. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry, this is going to be a long read.

I was hoping my response did not sound "snarky." Writing comes across differently then talking in person. I do trust the Long McArthur videos, but he does make mistakes (and I did not know he had made one stating that). Just nothing in my research verifies that. So far, I've heard crickets on this post from anyone else that said they were going to look into this today and get some answers. And, if it were not important, why would the Long McArthur gentleman even mention it?

I do understand the priority code applies within the dealership only. Maybe I'm missing something, but my understanding is this...

"The priority code range for retail factory orders is 10-19. Orders submitted to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) via the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system default to priority code 19 requiring Dealer's to manually assign a lower priority code if desired. The best Dealer assigned priority code is 10."

Regular retail orders start at 19, meaning they have priority over any dealer stock order. If you are lucky enough to get closer to a 10, it will be pulled buy Ford before other orders, as long as the assembly line doesnt have any of the options on hold. " Orders get pulled by model allocation that the dealer has first, then priority code for that model, then if something cant be built because of material hold, they go to the next priority number. Order date is a tie breaker on the same priority number."

So, from the above, if that is the case would not a 3 be the "super best!" Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what I am reading?

However, really in the end, it does not apppear to matter. I don't believe, until shown otherwise, us mere retail mortals can get anything lower than a 10 until it's pulled/scheduled by Ford for production regardless if it matters or not. :)
I can only regurgitate what I’ve read but I think it comes down two whether a Priority 3 from dealer A gets pulled before a Priority 10 from dealer B. This is not necessarily true. The only thing it guarantees is that (if all parts are available) Ford attempts to pull a Priority 3 from dealer A before a priority 10 from that same dealer. In other words a lower priority number allows you to “skip the line” for your dealership’s orders only.

OP
OP
Raynger24

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only regurgitate what I’ve read but I think it comes down two whether a Priority 3 from dealer A gets pulled before a Priority 10 from dealer B. This is not necessarily true. The only thing it guarantees is that (if all parts are available) Ford attempts to pull a Priority 3 from dealer A before a priority 10 from that same dealer. In other words a lower priority number allows you to “skip the line” for your dealership’s orders only.
Yes, the same dealer...we are now finally on the SAME page (I think...Lol). Any little advantage helps! I've been through the two years waiting for a Maverick ordeal, so I will take that small advantage! :) :)
Sponsored

Last edited: