• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford fusion, 66 bronco
the lettering on the front grill looks cool.

Reactions: Doc

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I really like the grill, but not a fan of chrome bits or those black pieces flanking the grill from below. Those wheels look very similar to the 20” wheels found on the US Lariat back at the time of US launch.

Kristian87uk

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Loving that interior! Nicest one so far for me.

Personally I prefer a "plain" look, so the lettering doesn't do it for me, neither does the chrome window trim.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I really like the grill, but not a fan of chrome bits or those black pieces flanking the grill from below. Those wheels look very similar to the 20” wheels found on the US Lariat back at the time of US launch.
Agree. The chrome is bad. It doesn't suit the Ranger at all. The wheels are 20" versions of the 18" 5G Ranger Lariat wheels if you don't option the sport or black appearance package. The interior matches current Fords (dash and center stack). I like it.

Also not a fan of the rails on the side of the bed. The bed is already high. Why make it 2 inches higher and harder to reach into'

Last edited:

Sponsored

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
agreed, this trim is for a different buyer then us. there's nothing on this trim I really want. I want something that get dirty and not worry to much. this trim does have heated and cooled seats for those that want it. looks like they're hiding any cool features behind this trim at least. I really want active park assist and adaptive cruise control again(they were nice :)). when ever I go up to Portland I get stressed out cause I'm not used to the traffic and those features were so nice and helpful

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree. The chrome is bad. It doesn't suit the Ranger at all. The wheels are the 5G Ranger Lariat wheels if you don't option the sport or black appearance package. The interior matches current Fords (dash and center stack). I like it.

Also not a fan of the rails on the side of the bed. The bed is already high. Why make it 2 inches higher and harder to reach into'
I agree I don't like chrome at all. I can see the uses on the rail though. personally I never have issues reaching in the bed and know its not an issue here for me, but I'm 6 ft 3 so there's that!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
The international versions appear to have dropped the SuperCab.
Any word on whether they will drop it in the U.S. ?
Of course they haven't been offering the single cab in the U.S. and they plan to drop it on the international version(except in XL trim)
Guess I'm glad I got my '19 when I did.

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard nothing. I did hear from long Long McArthur on youtube ford said in a dealer meeting the U.S would get the wildtrak trim and the 2.7L Ecoboost.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
If they're trying to stream line production, since it shares the same assembly plant as the Bronco, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop SuperCab with the exception of the lowest trim level, and use the 2.7 on the upper trim levels, like Wildtrak, that aren't the Raptor.

They can crank out 4 Dr Broncos with no problem, especially the lower trims with fewer options that opt for soft top.

Their struggle is the 2 Dr Bronco and it's not just because it's only top option is the MiC hard top. One of the rumors floating around is that they produce eight to ten 4 Dr Broncos for every one 2 Dr. Not sure how true that is, but the 2Dr is considered some-what of a bottle neck for production.

Sponsored

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think they're restrict the 2.7L to upper trims. on the bronco you can order the 2.7L on lower trims also So I bet they will do the same there. I see alot of companies using the supercab for a worktruck around here with the ranger.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
They most likely will have the 2.7L as the optional engine, but I can see them possibly doing something like making the Wildtrak trim Ranger the same as the Wildtrak Bronco with the 2.7L being standard/only engine.

I haven't seen any SuperCabs out here, oddly enough. It seems everything my local Dealer gets in is a SuperCrew and all of the work trucks they've recieved, that I know of, are SuperCrew.

Oddly enough, this same Dealer has a new Desert Sand SuperCrew XLT with FX4 package sitting on the lot and it's their only Ranger at the moment. It also has been on their lot for 2 months now.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The international versions appear to have dropped the SuperCab.
Any word on whether they will drop it in the U.S. ?
Of course they haven't been offering the single cab in the U.S. and they plan to drop it on the international version(except in XL trim)
Guess I'm glad I got my '19 when I did.
We get single, super and full dual cab in Australia. Single cab is available in XL trim only, and supercab in XL and XLT trim only. This has been the case for decades.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
This was a bit of a surprise, a trim above WildTrak. It's basically taking the Everest Platinum's interior and combining it into the Ranger body. The Everest Platinum interior is significantly more premium inside than the Sport, the quality of the materials is far higher. I'm not a fan of the chrome, but it is what it is.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
We get single, super and full dual cab in Australia. Single cab is available in XL trim only, and supercab in XL and XLT trim only. This has been the case for decades.
The link attached to the first post says they are dropping the "extended cab" I assume that's the same as the SuperCab?
Here's the quote...
2023 Ford Ranger XL and XLT prices revealed
As well as the arrival of the Ranger Platinum, Ford has also confirmed pricing for the entry-level Rangers, which are now for sale alongside the Wildtrak and Ranger Raptor models. The XL version will be available as a double cab, single cab and chassis cab for conversion, but there is no extended cab variant this time around. XL trim is the only version of the new Ranger that's available with anything other than a double cab body.
Sponsored

Last edited: