• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor battery drain

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I just came across this video from this guy that bought a RRaptor. Some of it can be ignored because he's comparing it with a camper van. Still, starting at 8:12 he talks about how his battery died and if he's telling the truth, it seems a bit alarming that opening and closing the door on the truck would completely drain the battery. Has anyone else with this truck experienced this type of battery drain?

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I just came across this video from this guy that bought a RRaptor. Some of it can be ignored because he's comparing it with a camper van. Still, starting at 8:12 he talks about how his battery died and if he's telling the truth, it seems a bit alarming that opening and closing the door on the truck would completely drain the battery. Has anyone else with this truck experienced this type of battery drain?

Haven’t watched the video yet to se what he’s talking about but yes, opening and closing the door can “drain” the battery. In modern vehicles, opening the door causes various modules inside the truck to wake up. They go to sleep several minutes after the door is shut but if you leave the door open, the car never actually turns off.

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Haven’t watched the video yet to se what he’s talking about but yes, opening and closing the door can “drain” the battery. In modern vehicles, opening the door causes various modules inside the truck to wake up. They go to sleep several minutes after the door is shut but if you leave the door open, the car never actually turns off.
I do know that everything turns on when you open the door. They also have a lot of huge screens that need power. Obviously, if you leave the doors open that's not good but if you're closing the doors every time, it seems like excessive drain. I plan on using it for camping and I know that opening and closing doors is something you do often when camping.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I do know that everything turns on when you open the door. They also have a lot of huge screens that need power. Obviously, if you leave the doors open that's not good but if you're closing the doors every time, it seems like excessive drain. I plan on using it for camping and I know that opening and closing doors is something you do often when camping.
If you look at what the Aussie guys do in YouTube, most of them are installing auxiliary batteries and power management systems. The truck shouldn’t die just from opening doors but if you did the tin conjunction with trying to run accessories, yeah that might do it.
Sponsored