Sponsored

Ranger Raptor with Topo Toppers Badlander Camper

donkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Threads
19
Messages
369
Reaction score
363
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Well figured I’d share this since there are no people with a Topo Toppers. I had a GFC on my other Ranger Raptor and wanted something a little bigger, no wedge, and well built!

Truck has Eibach 500# springs on it in the rear only, everything else is stock. COG is higher but I can still drive it hard in sport mode, which was the same as the GFC previously.

MPG dropped maybe .5-1? Pretty insignificant because the distance between the roof and camper is minimal. I think the GFC dropped my mpg more. But this one makes more wind noise.



IMG_2882.webp


IMG_2868.webp
Sponsored

 

STEVE_K

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
238
Reaction score
301
Location
Snohomish, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor, 2003 Jeep Wranger SE TJ, 2001 Subaru Forester
Interesting, don't think I have seen that style on the road. Any pix of the inside with and without the top up?
 

STEVE_K

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
238
Reaction score
301
Location
Snohomish, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor, 2003 Jeep Wranger SE TJ, 2001 Subaru Forester
Thanks! Also found the website with some good pictures. Lots of options available, very nice.
 
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Threads
19
Messages
369
Reaction score
363
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Thanks! Also found the website with some good pictures. Lots of options available, very nice.
Yeah they are definitely good people and a quality product. Really like the owners and attitude of always trying to improve. And it looks bad to the bone!
 

Sponsored

RRaptorscallion0331

Well-Known Member
First Name
Colin
Joined
May 6, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
186
Reaction score
110
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Man that makes setting up camp quicker! If you don’t mind, seeing as you have tried out both the GFC and this one, I understand the desire for a bigger sleeping area, does the gfc also allow you to access through the bed? Could you say which seems better quality or more weather resistant? Is one considerably lighter than the other?
If you prefer to send me a direct message I would appreciate your insight regarding this.
Thank you
 

RRaptorscallion0331

Well-Known Member
First Name
Colin
Joined
May 6, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
186
Reaction score
110
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Man that makes setting up camp quicker! If you don’t mind, seeing as you have tried out both the GFC and this one, I understand the desire for a bigger sleeping area, does the gfc also allow you to access through the bed? Could you say which seems better quality or more weather resistant? Is one considerably lighter than the other?
If you prefer to send me a direct message I would appreciate your insight regarding this.
Thank you
 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,034
Reaction score
3,900
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Maybe this helps, some video clips!



I never knew you could get into those tents from underneath. That is super cool
 
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Threads
19
Messages
369
Reaction score
363
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Man that makes setting up camp quicker! If you don’t mind, seeing as you have tried out both the GFC and this one, I understand the desire for a bigger sleeping area, does the gfc also allow you to access through the bed? Could you say which seems better quality or more weather resistant? Is one considerably lighter than the other?
If you prefer to send me a direct message I would appreciate your insight regarding this.
Thank you
Whatsup man!

Both GFC V2 Pro and Max, and Topo Toppers you can access the bed through the truck bed. The V2 Pro you have to move the sleeping panels to gain access upstairs, then put the panels back into place after. The Max is like the Topo Toppers and it has a gap towards the tailgate (pass-through) so you can hop in and out of bed as you please.

The GFC is lighter, I can feel the weight difference, mostly in the roof section. But the GFC doesn’t have a fan, L-track, or a metal roof. It’s some kind of honeycomb composite that lets light in. The Topo has a .090” aluminum roof that lets no light in, but after adding a fan, L-track, etc. weighs more.

Topo will take the cake for better quality and durability. The tent material is 11oz and feels like a thick canvas, versus GFC which feels like a well-made REI tent. The Topo tent doesn’t flap in wind, GFC does. The side doors on the Topo are un-obstructed and have no flex, while the GFC is a thinner sheetmetal that flexes and has bars running for support that obstructs access marginally.

I like both campers a lot. For one person, the GFC is a good choice. The problem is if you can’t get level, you can’t pick which direction to face in the GFC. Impossible to sleep with your head in the wedge. If you camp with two people, moving the bed panels in the V2 Pro is a PITA at 2 AM to go use the restroom.

Topo has a million accessory ideas. You can add a fan, rotopax to L-track on the side of your camper, windows, different size doors, better quality lighting options, insulation, etc.

GFC is a little more straightforward with the options it has. Can add the GFC mattress is fantastic, we will see how the Topo’s one is.

The Topo powedercoat over time will show scratches more like paint swirls, but can be buffed out. The anodizing on the GFC panels will fade and not sure how people restore that.

No wrong choice! Check both out if you’re interested in them. I’ve had 2 V2 Pros and 2 Topo Toppers.
 
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Threads
19
Messages
369
Reaction score
363
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I never knew you could get into those tents from underneath. That is super cool
It’s a game changer for winter camping. Can add a diesel heater and change clothes standing up while it’s 70 degrees inside.
 

Sponsored

Onceaneagle

Well-Known Member
First Name
Walter
Joined
Aug 12, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
648
Reaction score
827
Location
Kansas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
US Army Retired
Looks great and really functional. Now, if someone made camper shell bear spray canister ejectors like aircraft drop flares and chaff....
 
Joined
Oct 19, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
11
Reaction score
13
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
We just like to hide! They produce so many of them I am supprised I don't see more.

I agree they are a great company. They worked with me to make bracket for camper jacks so I could take it off.
1000016610.webp
Sponsored

 
 







Top