• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Raptor Waitlist?

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The order number you get is assigned by your dealer. Usually it matches some sort of internal process that specific dealer uses but sometimes it's just random. My dealer for example made my 4 digit order # the date (mm/dd) that I placed my order, but most dealers probably dont do it like this. Some people have letters, some digits, or some a mixture of both.

Order number doesn't mean anything to Ford corporate other than it being an identifier that gets paired with a vin number.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
The order number you get is assigned by your dealer. Usually it matches some sort of internal process that specific dealer uses but sometimes it's just random. My dealer for example made my 4 digit order # the date (mm/dd) that I placed my order, but most dealers probably dont do it like this. Some people have letters, some digits, or some a mixture of both.

Order number doesn't mean anything to Ford corporate other than it being an identifier that gets paired with a vin number.
So I don't get any email form corporate ford until the allocation goes through or should I be getting an email whenever I put in the order to my dealer?

Only email I've received so far is the one from my dealer confirming the exact build I want and the price, to which I had to respond that it is all correct.

superakcraig

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger Sprt 4x4, Blue, 27k miles- Garage Kept
For what it's worth, my "order code" is at the top of my "Preview Order" that the salesperson provided showing all the features I wanted that I signed. That was the order code that came via email from Ford once it was updated with my info.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I don't get any email form corporate ford until the allocation goes through or should I be getting an email whenever I put in the order to my dealer?

Only email I've received so far is the one from my dealer confirming the exact build I want and the price, to which I had to respond that it is all correct.
my order confirmation email from ford came thru the same day i ordered thru my dealer.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist

If your Dealer actually input your order into the system, then Ford would've sent you a generic "We received your order' email that would have an order number on it.

Since it sounds like that didn't happen, by what you just typed, then you don't have an order # from Ford and are basically just sitting in the Dealer's order system until the Dealer gets an allocation or allocations and your position number on the wait list is next in line to use an allocation.

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
That's just for the Ranger Raptor, right.
My dealer mentioned that for non raptors, there are no "allocations". They just enter a retail order for a customer or a stock order for inventory and when Ford finally pulls those orders for scheduling the process begins? Not 100% sure.
A Dealer in Los Angeles that claims to be the world's largest has lots of non RR on their website and even has inventory on their lot.

OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
my order confirmation email from ford came thru the same day i ordered thru my dealer.
And you ordered a Raptor not a regular Ranger?

That's just for the Ranger Raptor, right.
My dealer mentioned that for non raptors, there are no "allocations". They just enter a retail order for a customer or a stock order for inventory and when Ford finally pulls those orders for scheduling the process begins? Not 100% sure.
A Dealer in Los Angeles that claims to be the world's largest has lots of non RR on their website and even has inventory on their lot.
You should be able to pick any ranger off the lot or order one if nothing fits your specifications. Did that for several fords before. Just iffy about the whole allocations thing.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And you ordered a Raptor not a regular Ranger?
Mine was a regular ranger but the process is the same between both trucks. Raptor people got the same "We got your order!" confirmation email from Ford very shortly after placing the order.

OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
If your Dealer actually input your order into the system, then Ford would've sent you a generic "We received your order' email that would have an order number on it.

Since it sounds like that didn't happen, by what you just typed, then you don't have an order # from Ford and are basically just sitting in the Dealer's order system until the Dealer gets an allocation or allocations and your position number on the wait list is next in line to use an allocation.
So are dealers unable to put in the order with no allocation?

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
So are dealers unable to put in the order with no allocation?
Some Dealers do things their own way, and it can be confusing to the consumer. They should be able to put your order into the system without an allocation, but there are some that don't or won't.

Take my local Dealer as an example to this.

I was #1 on the wait list for a Ranger Raptor (first person added to their list Oct 2022) with one of their regular customers who wasn't sure they wanted to commit or not, since they had a Bronco coming. Fast forward to May 2023 and we find out that each Dealer is getting 1 allocation to start with, I go in to place my order to only find out that mister 'Uncertain' said he wanted it, so I got bumped to #2.

I never received the generic email from Ford, so I started to wonder what was going on. I had been in contact with the Dealer multiple times between June 2023 and Feb 2023 can could never get a straight answer from them about my order other than 'We have it in our system and it's ready to go when we receive another allocation'. That still didn't answer my nagging main question.

Then of all things, I got bored and checked my local Dealers web site early Thursday morning last week and what did I find? A White Ranger Raptor was in stock. I pulled up the window sticker and what did I see? A Ranger Raptor spec'd exactly like my order.

I then called them Friday and they finally came clean. My order was exactly like the first allocations order, so they never entered it into Ford's system to prevent any possible chance of it getting picked first(their words). The Raptor is sold to mister Uncertain, he just hasn't come in to pick it up yet.

GManGeno

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
First, I do believe that a dealer needs an allocation for any Ranger, not just RR. Secondly, a dealer can submit your order with the order number they gave you without an allocation. Maybe they choose to wait until they get an allocation, but that is the dealer's choice.

Case-in-point:

In Nov '23 I ordered an RR from a local dealer, which was their second RR order. They told me straight up they could not promise they would get a second allocation for an RR. But they took my retail order and within a day or so I got the email from Ford saying they had my order. That confirmation email only included my dealer order number.

Fast forward to Feb '24 and my buddy personally knows a dealer in another state and offered to help. They too already had their 1st RR allocation spoken for. They told me they would see what they could do for me, but they did not take my order, no promises.

Back to dealer #1 (local dealer) - They contacted me right after I spoke with the out-of-state dealer and told me that they would not get a 2nd allocation and if the out-of-state dealer order did not work out, I would be the first on their order list for a 2025 RR.

About 2 weeks later, dealer #2 contacted me and said they did get an allocation and then took my order. Within a day or so, I got another confirmation email from Ford with my order number. Then a couple - three weeks later, I got the update that my RR had a Production date and now my email included an order number with a VIN.

Two different dealer stories, both very honest, and both charging MSRP and no ADM.

So long story short is that if they take and submit your retail order (not stock), you will get a confirmation email from Ford and subsequent emails about your order every 45 days or so.
Sponsored