• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Raptor Waitlist?

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
So I found a local dealer willing to order a RRaptor for me at msrp. Talked to the sales manager and he said they had 2 allocations but both are used (1 for owner and 1 for markup on the lot).

He told me I am the only person who wanted to order the RRaptor so I am 1st in the waitlist. All they did was email me the build and had me reply with a confirmation on final build and price. No paperwork was signed.

I've only ordered non specialty vehicles from Ford before. Always had to sign and get email confirmation from Ford Corporate.

Do I get nothing until the dealer receives an allocation or should I be getting an order confirmation from Ford corporate now? Sales person seemed so shady and I had to talk to the manager to get any reasonable response.
Sponsored

GManGeno

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
So I found a local dealer willing to order a RRaptor for me at msrp. Talked to the sales manager and he said they had 2 allocations but both are used (1 for owner and 1 for markup on the lot).

He told me I am the only person who wanted to order the RRaptor so I am 1st in the waitlist. All they did was email me the build and had me reply with a confirmation on final build and price. No paperwork was signed.

I've only ordered non specialty vehicles from Ford before. Always had to sign and get email confirmation from Ford Corporate.

Do I get nothing until the dealer receives an allocation or should I be getting an order confirmation from Ford corporate now? Sales person seemed so shady and I had to talk to the manager to get any reasonable response.
If you got an email from Ford, it would have included your VIN number, the dealership order number and a link to the build status page. This does indicate that the dealership submitted your order as retail and not stock.

You are correct in your statement regarding allocation. Aside from a generic email from Ford about every 45 days, the next big status change will be when you get a build date, but the build date will not come if the dealer does not get an allocation. All ~3000 dealerships got 1 RR allocation, and some dealerships may get more than 1. After combing this forum, no one here seems to know the exact formula that Ford uses to determine allocations. I would assume that one major factor would include volume of sales. If your dealership took your order, they should have told you that they can't guarantee you will get your RR. Maybe they know from past experience that it is very likely but again they should have told you that it may not happen. I ordered an RR from two dealers and my local dealer told me it was unlikely they would get another allocation, the other dealer, 6 hours away, did get a second allocation which led to my 4/8 build date. If the dealer does get an allocation, a few days before they schedule your build date, the dealership will get a call from Ford to confirm the order. So, they could call you and tell you your build date is coming. If not, you will find out shortly after anyway.

I hope you get your build date, but if it doesn't come, talk to your dealer about being first in line for a 2025 RR.

Good luck

Last edited:

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
Question:
After you receive a txt from Ford stating your truck has been built, what is the typical wait time before your truck is shipped to the dealer?
I live approximately 50 miles from MAP.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Question:
After you receive a txt from Ford stating your truck has been built, what is the typical wait time before your truck is shipped to the dealer?
I live approximately 50 miles from MAP.
Why are you posting this question here? Find another thread related to your question or start a new one. 90% of threads on here are getting derailed by unrelated posts.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
If you got an email from Ford, it would have included your VIN number, the dealership order number and a link to the build status page. This does indicate that the dealership submitted your order as retail and not stock.

You are correct in your statement regarding allocation. Aside from a generic email from Ford about every 45 days, the next big status change will be when you get a build date, but the build date will not come if the dealer does not get an allocation. All ~3000 dealerships got 1 RR allocation, and some dealerships may get more than 1. After combing this forum, no one here seems to know the exact formula that Ford uses to determine allocations. I would assume that one major factor would include volume of sales. If your dealership took your order, they should have told you that they can't guarantee you will get your RR. Maybe they know from past experience that it is very likely but again they should have told you that it may not happen. I ordered an RR from two dealers and my local dealer told me it was unlikely they would get another allocation, the other dealer, 6 hours away, did get a second allocation which led to my 4/8 build date. If the dealer does get an allocation, a few days before they schedule your build date, the dealership will get a call from Ford to confirm the order. So, they could call you and tell you your build date is coming. If not, you will find out shortly after anyway.

I hope you get your build date, but if it doesn't come, talk to your dealer about being first in line for a 2025 RR.

Good luck
The dealer seemed confident that they will receive another allocation before the years end. He claimed as soon as 4 mo and possibly up to 8 mo. I just feel weird as I didn't get anything about an order # or sign any paper. As long as I get my rraptor and don't pay markup I'm good to wait Lol. Tho sooner is always better.

jprime84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT
I placed an order today at a local dealer. Refundable deposit, and 3k markup. First in line after the dealer manager, apparently. I'm in no rush, so nice to just get in line.

They have my exact truck almost at another dealer in town with 12k markup sitting in the showroom.

OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
I placed an order today at a local dealer. Refundable deposit, and 3k markup. First in line after the dealer manager, apparently. I'm in no rush, so nice to just get in line.

They have my exact truck almost at another dealer in town with 12k markup sitting in the showroom.
Did you get an order # from Ford corporate?

My dealer is claiming I don't get anything until the allocation comes in. Just hope dealer isn't being shady.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

My dealer is claiming I don't get anything until the allocation comes in. Just hope dealer isn't being shady.
dealer is just being real with you. You expressed interest in a vehicle that doesn't exist yet and they confirmed your interest. Now it's a waiting game, step by step. You can't expect more than that and you may not be the only 1 expressing interest and they don't have to tell you either way. Best to just politely keep in touch to see if allocation is confirmed to show your continued interest. You could always keep looking around for a more sure thing while this plays out...

Danimal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Pilot
I placed an order/deposit in a few weeks ago. The dealer made it seem like he had a bunch of orders in (I believe he said 10+). However, I did receive an order confirmation with an order # from Ford.

Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Well, they are bringing on a bunch more workers to the assembly plant. Not sure if it will be before June that they are all trained and ready. Hopefully some of the laid-off Lightning/EV workers are hired, because they already understand production. Ford will weigh against the cheaper new hires with little/no seniority.

jprime84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT

Here's the start of the email I got. It has a short alphanumeric Order ID.

Ford Ranger Raptor Waitlist? 1712520861245-gz

OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
So everyone gets an order number even tho they are on the waitlist? I'm allegedly #1 on the waitlist and I have no order #. I should call them again today.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
It's more than likely the order number Ford generated. Those have no relevance to where you are in line at a Dealer.

OP
OP

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
It's more than likely the order number Ford generated. Those have no relevance to where you are in line at a Dealer.
But if I have no order number then it just means the dealer never processed my order, correct? Are other guys later in the waitlist getting order numbers?
Sponsored