• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Spotted: Ranger Lariat with bumper steps & front ski plate

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Yeah, I was referring to a separate FRONT bumper. It looks like that may be on the Raptor only, potentially the Tremor?

Sorry for the confusion
Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I sure hope Ford is just messing with us by masking the front end with ROW Ranger parts on the front clip. Sounds like the majority of posts here are not fans of the NA Rangers that have been “caught in the wild”.

Side note… I wonder how much manufacturers watch these sites with open discussions about future production vehicles? Free market research for them, so I wouldn’t be surprised.

if so, hear us now….Someone slipped a turd into the punch bowl. 😜

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely not a fan of that front bumper situation, it looks like a Honda "H" logo got stretched out wide and stuck to the front. Here's to hoping the FX4 and/ or Tremor get a Raptor influenced bumper design. As tempting as the GM twins could be, I'd prefer the Ford rear e-locker over the GM G80, so still holding out to see what officially rolls out. And even if this is all we get on non-Raptors, can't wait to see what the aftermarket can do.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
As tempting as the GM twins could be, I'd prefer the Ford rear e-locker over the GM G80....
I agree with you here. It's the main item I wish they would change in the twins. I had the G80 in my Sierra and it would lock on me coming out of my home due to a steep off-camber turn, and then it wouldn't unlock until I stopped and backed up a bit.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
So REAR bumper on Raptor must be different to accommodate dual exhausts at the expense of side steps - but still no solution for hideous Front end. Of course I could be wrong...
The Raptor has no side steps in the bed for two reasons, one being the exhaust, the main one being that the bed is a different shape behind the wheel arch. It does not extend as low down the body compared to a normal Ranger. The steps therefore do not fit, as the space they take up doesn't exist.
Sponsored