• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tech Package now changes the appearance?

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Playing around on the Build & Price tool on Ford's website and I noticed a strange change that's never shown up before. In the XLT model, if you check the circle for Technology package all of the sudden the appearance of the Ranger changes. To be specific, it removes the dark gunmetal grey front fascia and makes it body color instead, but retains the gunmetal grey grill bar.

Without Tech Package:

Ford Ranger Tech Package now changes the appearance? Without Tech Pk

With Tech Package:
Ford Ranger Tech Package now changes the appearance? With Tech Package

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Good observation! Iā€™m not sure though, is it meaningful? Possible that the bumper assembly changes based on the additional sensors needed so maybe it gets a ā€˜lariatā€™ style bumper then. I could reproduce what youā€™re seeing though & got this change too regardless of color.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Good observation! Iā€™m not sure though, is it meaningful? Possible that the bumper assembly changes based on the additional sensors needed so maybe it gets a ā€˜lariatā€™ style bumper then. I could reproduce what youā€™re seeing though & got this change too regardless of color.
Itā€™s actually, oddly enough an XL bumper. Meanwhile the Lariat bumper looks to be the same as the XLT bumper without the tech package. And if you change to the High package you can switch add or delete the tech package and nothing changes other than the sensors.

Iā€™m betting this is an error. It makes no sense otherwise.

Reactions: MJE

Deleted member 6764

It also isn't consistent with the combined advanced-towing/tech package, so it seems likely it's just an error.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
They are all just CGI. Most likely they haven't generated an image, or messed up setting the proper one with those selections. It is probably just a default image that comes up.

Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
Playing around on the Build & Price tool on Ford's website and I noticed a strange change that's never shown up before. In the XLT model, if you check the circle for Technology package all of the sudden the appearance of the Ranger changes. To be specific, it removes the dark gunmetal grey front fascia and makes it body color instead, but retains the gunmetal grey grill bar.

Without Tech Package:

Without Tech Pkg.png

With Tech Package:
With Tech Package.png
Good catch, buddy! Notice Ford's standard disclaimer in the ridiculously tiny print above and to the left of these images: "Digitally generated image shown. Actual vehicle may vary. See your dealer for details." So I agree with the comments that this is probably not significant as far as the "actual vehicle" is concerned.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Wish they would make it body color.. That silver/gray is ridiculous. I was really hoping they'd change that this time around.

OP
OP
Gator21

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Wish they would make it body color.. That silver/gray is ridiculous. I was really hoping they'd change that this time around.
I still want to see a video of the truck in real life with carbonized grey and that darker grey fascia. It might look cool or it might look like someone chose the wrong paint color and messed up. Obviously I still ordered it, but Iā€™m anxiously waiting to see what it looks like in real life.

It will be interesting to see the different appearances across models in the next few years. Obviously they seem like theyā€™re trying to streamline options at the moment with every XL having the STX standard look and the XLT and Lariat both having the standard Sport look. The only other option is chrome appearance package. Obviously the Raptor is itā€™s own thing. But in a couple years if they have more differentiation between models thatā€™ll be interesting to see.

OP
OP
Gator21

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Eight days later and the website is still showing this. When I look up my order now, the rendering has changed there as well since I do have the tech package.

It would be nice if Ford didnā€™t have a media embargo, so I can be assured that itā€™s just a technical glitch on the website and not actually a change. If it is a new change and not website error, then Iā€™ll probably change my order to remove the tech package now that Iā€™ve finally seen a video of what the carbonized grey looks like with the sport appearance on a Lariat.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I bet it's just a mistake. If you choose the "advanced towing with technology package," it looks like it's supposed to.

Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
It is just a CGI error. I am willing to bet they aren't commiting many resources into fixing something that minor at the moment.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
It is just a CGI error. I am willing to bet they aren't commiting many resources into fixing something that minor at the moment.
I believe it is safe to say that Ford has bigger things to worry about for the time being...

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I like it more without the tech package, at least it still looks like it has a distinct bumper, not one giant piece of plastic. I want to see what hoops yā€™all have to jump through to put a metal bumper or grill guard on those front ends. If there was no other difference between the lariat and Raptor than the bumper, I would still pay more just to get the raptor bumper thatā€™s separate and not all one giant molded plastic piece. Same with the Toyota Tacoma and tundra, and especially the LR Defender, so ugly. All that plastic looks week and too much like a soccer moms suv. Sorry for the rant, continue on fellas.

OP
OP
Gator21

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I understand the probability that itā€™s just a website error, but I disagree with the assertion that the strike is impacting it. The web design team has nothing more on their plate than normal because of the strike. It doesnā€™t affect their day to day tasks as theyā€™re not involved in any UAW talks, drafting offer proposals, or manning the paint booth.
Sponsored