• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tremor package not offered in Supercab…

Winger57

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Ranger 06 Liberty CRD 08 F450
Occupation
Aviation
I’ve drove 3different Rangers now as rental vehicles and all together probably for a total of a couple months. Everyone of course was the crew cab. Love that little truck and that 2.3L motor is awesome. Test drove a couple Tremor package trucks and really like that package of course it deserved to have the 2.7L along withe rest of the goodies. But why can you not order that package with the Supercab and a 6 ft bed? I’m pretty tall and found the back seats in the crew cab to be to tight for your average adult anyway and if you ordered a XLT Supercab you could delete the lil jump seats in that trim level. It gets replaced with a package tray with tie down loops. I travel too and from work by myself and have no need for a back seat. But that extra useable space for my gear and the long Bed well that and a V6 I’d be on that. Raptor ahh overkill! Maybe would be great for stop and go traffic dive in the median or ditch and pass em all hitting my dukes of hazard inspired horn! See ya later Ya Bunch of Coexist Subaru left laner thumb biters!
Sponsored

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
I was recently shopping for a '21 Ranger FX4 and had to avoid looking at the Tremor package, because I know I would love to have it, but I have far more need for a longer bed than four doors.
Then again, I'd rather have the Bronco's 7spd manual than the 10 spd auto, so I guess I'm a unicorn shopper.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Yup, the Crew Cab is King. I too would like a Tremor Scab. Mostly likely the PHEV will only be offered on the higher trim levels in the Screw also.
Ford should have offered a split bench seat making the space more useable in the back. I do not want to modify the suspension on the Scab and would wish it was offered with the Tremor package. We will have to see if the leaf springs will be improved on the FX4 over the previous gen.
You can make the suspension with more travel and better components then the Tremor package. We are lucky Ford will still offer the Super Cab. The Crew Cab out sells the Scab by quite a lot. I too am interested in the 7 speed manual. There has been no info if it will be offered in NA.
Ford will probably just offer the 3.73 Diff gears. Where I would like to see the 4 different ratio's offered on the Bronco.

OP
OP

Winger57

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aviation
Was watching I believe Light Brite Nation and they were out at a event and a vendor was there with they’re heavily modded Ranger. I believe they mentioned that many of the Bronco parts worked on the lil Ranger. I know they come off the same line and all but it does make you wonder about a Sasquatch Ranger? Of course I’d be the odd duck asking for the Supercab please! I wonder if it’s a weight and balance issue? You know how many guys first thing are going to take they’re 50k Tremor out and Jump it! I Imagine the Supercab to be a lil more nose heavy… Take Cletus and another friend along to provide a better weight distribution in the bed ! Yeee Haaa!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
The Bronco's the flag ship. The Rangers the poor sibling who get's the hand me downs. Ford does not want the Ranger to take away the F 150's glory. The Ranger is focused on towing. The Bronco has no limitation to that. You have taken moderately high towing out of the equation for the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Winger57

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aviation
Yes I’ve actually ordered a Bronco and will be selling my 88 Ranger soon. And my Jeep whenever I get the Bronco but that will be a long way down the road. But the towing difference between the Ranger and the Bronco is pretty big! Like I said I’d buy the Ranger over the Bronco if it had the 6 cylinder and maybe the Tremor package or hell the diesel like the rest of the world was able to get! I do love the lil diesels especially now long distance daily drives… you cannot beat the diesel until ford comes out with a baby lightening!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
We will have to see if they offer the 2.7L motor as an option like the Bronco.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
We will have to see if they offer the 2.7L motor as an option like the Bronco.
Ranger and Bronco run down the same assembly line and the 6G Ranger front sheet metal was changed to accommodate a V6, so I have no doubt the 2.7 will be an option. That's why the 3.0 is in the Raptor, so the 2.7 can be used in the standard truck

OP
OP

Winger57

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aviation
Yeah we’ll see if my Bronco comes in or even gets built by the time they start to offer a 6 in a non raptor Ranger. They’re was a recent rash of 2.7L failures due to defective exaust or intake valves. Seemed to happen quickly though. That motor has been in 150s for awhile and I don’t think it suffered these failures but I haven’t researched it yet…… But if they did it the stars aligned a 6ft bed Id switch over to the Ranger. Less Drama ?
Sponsored