• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

U.S. 2024 Ranger Starting Price?

Grand_Tour_9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
So I see in AUS 24 Ranger starts at 36000 AUS which translates to about 25000 USD. I don't plan on getting single cab even if they offer, but historically how did Ford pricing differ internationally and in US?

Especially now with Maverick starting from mid 20k, what are people predicting the 24 Rangers to cost?

BTW, Happy New Years! Merry 2023! Hoping to get my hands on a 24 Ranger before 23 ends!
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
There was a discussion about this in earlier posts. But sort of the end result was that cars in Australia are more expensive than in the U.S. So doing a direct conversion isn't very helpful.

I think the best way to look at it, is just add a few grand to all the out-going trim prices.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
There was a discussion about this in earlier posts. But sort of the end result was that cars in Australia are more expensive than in the U.S. So doing a direct conversion isn't very helpful.

I think the best way to look at it, is just add a few grand to all the out-going trim prices.
I agree with adding $ to existing pricing structure, at least on bottom end. I had speculated +$3k to base XL and rise progressively from there. The AUS Rangers have engine and trim options we never see here too. Even that XLS & Sport we never got. NA market is just different in a lot of ways as far as offerings for American tastes and subsequent pricing. Projected number of sales/production might also influence pricing if it becomes a supply and demand situation like Maverick.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So I see in AUS 24 Ranger starts at 36000 AUS which translates to about 25000 USD. I don't plan on getting single cab even if they offer, but historically how did Ford pricing differ internationally and in US?

Especially now with Maverick starting from mid 20k, what are people predicting the 24 Rangers to cost?

BTW, Happy New Years! Merry 2023! Hoping to get my hands on a 24 Ranger before 23 ends!
Mavericks start in low 20,000s, not mid. My 2022 XL with ECOboost 2.0, AWD, +4K tow package was $26k OTD. There's been a small amount of price creep for 2023, but they've also rearranged some content so no difference in price of engine choice and adding standard Cruise Control to the XL for example.

The biggest problem with Maverick is availability, not base pricing :frown:

OP
OP

Grand_Tour_9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Mavericks start in low 20,000s, not mid. My 2022 XL with ECOboost 2.0, AWD, +4K tow package was $26k OTD. There's been a small amount of price creep for 2023, but they've also rearranged some content so no difference in price of engine choice and adding standard Cruise Control to the XL for example.

The biggest problem with Maverick is availability, not base pricing :frown:
2024 Mav OTD including destination, tax, and dealer fee is most likely going to hit 25k, even with barebone XL. I agree with your speculation of 3k+ on the next years ranger, but would Ford keep the difference in AUS and US?

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I heard on a TFL video about the new Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon that the new incoming models cost $3k more than the outgoing models.

So it's safe to estimate that the G6 Ranger will more than likely be pretty close to that over the outgoing G5, and progressively increase with higher trims.

Since we don't know what trims NA will have, outside of Raptor, Wildtrak and XLT, and how Ford will set up their optioning, it's hard to say what the starting prices will end up being.

I hope they've come to their senses and applied what they've learned from the mess that is the Bronco and the hiccups that are the Mach-E and Maverick. Part commodities are still an issue, so I'm expecting some streamlining in packages and/or options because of it.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
2024 Mav OTD including destination, tax, and dealer fee is most likely going to hit 25k, even with barebone XL. I agree with your speculation of 3k+ on the next years ranger, but would Ford keep the difference in AUS and US?
I don't think we need to be concerned about 2024 Maverick pricing for this discussion, do we? They are currently building MY2023 and you can't order any more of them at this time. Order banks closed in 1 week with about 87k orders. Slight possibility they may open order banks later in year, but the new NA Ranger will be in production long before any talk of MY2024 Maverick will appear. :)

Until we get the actual Ranger pricing from Ford with build and price tool up- all we can do is guess. Use the 2023 build and price for your configuration and compare against ROW or AUS version out for the last year. Personally, I'm happy with our 2018 F-150 for the bigger jobs, and my 2022 Maverick XL for good weather DD and more common smaller truck jobs using the bed. However, the Maverick did require some compromises, that might be eliminated with the new 6G Ranger. If I can get XL SCab + 6 foot bed I'm really interested to check it out. Only then does pricing enter picture for me. I would likely add the bed package and towing package + FX-2 and quit. Maverick would be traded on that Ranger.

Where you at in CO? I'm near Cortez and bought the 2 trucks new from 1 and only local Ford dealer. Super easy to work with and Company policy is MSRP on Customer Special orders + 1 time set fee of $299.00 added for PDI, Doc handling, etc. CO State sales tax added for your OTD price with 60-day temp registration. Go to local Motor Vehicle Dept. to settle everything else. I've already talked to them about trading back the Maverick for any new Ranger purchase and they are receptive ;)

OP
OP

Grand_Tour_9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I don't think we need to be concerned about 2024 Maverick pricing for this discussion, do we? They are currently building MY2023 and you can't order any more of them at this time. Order banks closed in 1 week with about 87k orders. Slight possibility they may open order banks later in year, but the new NA Ranger will be in production long before any talk of MY2024 Maverick will appear. :)

Until we get the actual Ranger pricing from Ford with build and price tool up- all we can do is guess. Use the 2023 build and price for your configuration and compare against ROW or AUS version out for the last year. Personally, I'm happy with our 2018 F-150 for the bigger jobs, and my 2022 Maverick XL for good weather DD and more common smaller truck jobs using the bed. However, the Maverick did require some compromises, that might be eliminated with the new 6G Ranger. If I can get XL SCab + 6 foot bed I'm really interested to check it out. Only then does pricing enter picture for me. I would likely add the bed package and towing package + FX-2 and quit. Maverick would be traded on that Ranger.

Where you at in CO? I'm near Cortez and bought the 2 trucks new from 1 and only local Ford dealer. Super easy to work with and Company policy is MSRP on Customer Special orders + 1 time set fee of $299.00 added for PDI, Doc handling, etc. CO State sales tax added for your OTD price with 60-day temp registration. Go to local Motor Vehicle Dept. to settle everything else. I've already talked to them about trading back the Maverick for any new Ranger purchase and they are receptive ;)
Never got to your question, sorry! lol, I'm in Springs area. Well technically in a week, thats when I have to report to my new base. Still in NY. Speaking of which, any dealer recco in Denver area? Cortez seems kinda far lol. If the Mav CF happens again and stealerships mark up om average 15k, I just might drive there tho.

I keep bringing up Mav because it is the entry level truck right under Ranger which doesnt exist in AUS and I don't know how that would affect Ranger pricing in US. Really hoping for XL AWD..
Sponsored