• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
I don't think your dealer is correct. Engines are built dry (no fluids added to eliminate spillage), loaded on crates, and shipped to the assembly line where they are mated to the transmission and dropped into the frame. They aren't fired until the wiring, body, and fluids are added, and then it's only for emissions testing and to roll off the line and, in our case, into the waiting yards.

In order for a true break-in procedure to happen at the factory, each engine would need to be connected to a dyno along with all the wiring, fluids, fuel, intake, exhaust, etc. Only the most bespoke engines from Ford Performance (i.e. GT40) get that treatment.
Sponsored

NigelPeloquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw
Speaking of videos, I've been thinking about starting a YouTube channel myself, but I'm still figuring things out. There's a lot to learn about filming, editing, and the whole content creation process.

Have you thought about creating a YouTube channel around your Ranger Raptor? There are tons of car enthusiasts out there who would love to see more of your truck in action – off-road adventures, customization projects, the whole shebang. There's even a whole community of "youtube automation channel" out there that offer tips and tricks to grow your audience.

Last edited: