• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Wax/Paint Protection

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
-1 wind chill here. Wish I was in Honolulu.
Honolulu is now experiencing a cold snap, as I am writing this it is 6:10 AM and it's a frigid 68 degrees F. Anytime the mercury drops below 70 here, people are dressed as if participating in the Iditarod.
I'll survive though...! :fingerscrossed:

Edit: Hawaii is all of 6 hours away from Denver???
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB, 69 Camaro
Occupation
Retired
Honolulu is now experiencing a cold snap, as I am writing this it is 6:10 AM and it's a frigid 68 degrees F. Anytime the mercury drops below 70 here, people are dressed as if participating in the Iditarod.
I'll survive though...! :fingerscrossed:

Edit: Hawaii is all of 6 hours away from Denver???
I try to go once a year.

DaRodent

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2012 Fiesta, 2012 Fiat 500 Sport
Gave her a relatively quick going over with wash, clay bar, and 2 coats of the Turtle wax Hybrid coating. Did mot doo the wheels as I tweeted my back.

Looks good and we will see how it holds up.

woul like to DIY ceramic but as of now have no garage I can let it cure in for 24-48 hours.

Ford Ranger Wax/Paint Protection EDDDA3D5-E688-464E-BE49-4C521636CCC0

Ford Ranger Wax/Paint Protection 78D27595-DA52-4AD2-B08B-C482129FA8A7

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Big thanks to this thread for turning me onto the Turtle Wax Ice seal&shine. It's pretty incredible stuff and terrific on the glass as well. I live in the PacNW and it's scheduled to rain here for the next 15 days straight so I'm getting my $9 worth!

Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big thanks to this thread for turning me onto the Turtle Wax Ice seal&shine. It's pretty incredible stuff and terrific on the glass as well. I live in the PacNW and it's scheduled to rain here for the next 15 days straight so I'm getting my $9 worth!
I could not agree more, the product is outstanding.

On a side note, I like your screen name, because of the C19 pandemic local fisherman just returning to port have been forced to sell whole Ahi for a low as 4-5 dollars a pound, virtually all of their normal customers have shut down temporarily. A far cry from 25-30 dollars per pound commanded during the New Year's holidays here.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could not agree more, the product is outstanding.

On a side note, I like your screen name, because of the C19 pandemic local fisherman just returning to port have been forced to sell whole Ahi for a low as 4-5 dollars a pound, virtually all of their normal customers have shut down temporarily. A far cry from 25-30 dollars per pound commanded during the New Year's holidays here.
Holy moly thats some cheap Ahi!!

In the early 2000s, a friend of mine and I started to competitively road race Hondas so we came up with the name to counter the fast-n-furious rice culture. The pun behind the name was “All meat, no rice.” I’ve been thinking about repurposing it for my current racecar that’s a Toyota.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Holy moly thats some cheap Ahi!!

In the early 2000s, a friend of mine and I started to competitively road race Hondas so we came up with the name to counter the fast-n-furious rice culture. The pun behind the name was “All meat, no rice.” I’ve been thinking about repurposing it for my current racecar that’s a Toyota.
Would you believe that in my younger days growing up in Hawaii that I would not even touch any dish that contained raw fish?
That sure changed in my late teens, for sashimi I prefer Ahi, for poke it's Aku, hands down.
For what it's worth, I was a Honda mechanic at a local dealership here from 1976-1989 and saw the Accord put Honda on the map and laughed when I first saw the 1st gen CR-X, but man, was that little car was FUN!
Did you guys consider the words "Wasabi" or even "Daikon" in your team name?...lol

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys consider the words "Wasabi" or even "Daikon" in your team name?...lol
Wasabi yes but not Daikon. I forget why we passed on wasabi though. I raced 3 different second gen CRXs (2 I built) to 5 championships in a span of 10 years. When setup to be fast (aka “rotate”) with that short wheel base, it was like grabbing the nose of a crocodile and staying focused - if you blinked you got bit.
But I digress...

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wasabi yes but not Daikon. I forget why we passed on wasabi though. I raced 3 different second gen CRXs (2 I built) to 5 championships in a span of 10 years. When setup to be fast (aka “rotate”) with that short wheel base, it was like grabbing the nose of a crocodile and staying focused - if you blinked you got bit.
But I digress...
Never got into racing Honda's but I used to do a lot of mechanical side jobs and used a variety of Honda wagons for that purpose.
Would you believe I had a Chevy small block and heads, portable cherry picker and all my tools loaded into a '82 Civic wagon once? If you're familiar with Oahu, I live in town and drove over the Pali to do this particular side job. That Civic never faltered or let me down, unfortunately it got killed by a drunk Dodge pickup driving yahoo while parked on the street.
All in all I've owned maybe 20 or so Honda's, my present beater is an '02 CR-V, don't do side jobs anymore, but I did overload it last October with 12 or so cinder blocks and 10 bags of cement from HD.
Didn't need power steering driving with that load, I think the front wheels were off the ground most of the time while driving...
Sponsored