• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Rainy day here in SW Ontario, so I pulled her in the garage and checked out some of the things I took off my 2019 at trade in. (yes the old stuff is dirty, lol. I,ll get to that)

Engine cover, I didn't think it looked all that bad with it off, but I saved it so what the hell, fits perfect. They've left the little ball moulded into the intake that engages the cover and bolt holes are there too.

Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240412_122539

Bed mat, this mat was in my Frontier, before I got the 2019 Ranger, did some small mods to make it fit that one and just a minor trim for the new one. Yes, there is a gap now that they made the wheels wheels wider but it will do just fine.
Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240412_121910

Extang solid fold cover, this took some tweeking as the inner bed rails are a lot deeper than the 5G so I was running out of threads trying to get the hold down clips to catch the rails. Did some minor grinding of plastic parts and got enough to get her on, should work fine.
Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240412_134215

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Rubber floor mats from 5G, they will be pretty good I think, drivers fits well, passenger pretty good too, no hold down buttons on new pass. side. Rear drivers side, that also goes over the hump, fits perfect, passenger side fits pretty good, but could use a little trimming as it rides up the B-pillar a bit. I usually only put them in in the winter anyway
Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240412_171855

Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240412_171911

Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240412_171718

Anyone find anything else that crosses over??

Last edited:

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Great info! Thanks for sharing!!!

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
The main "building block" for any vehicle is the floor pan. That's why you see such and such vehicle is build like some other vehicle, like the "Fox Body." It also means changing the floor pan has implications for everything attached to it and therefore changing it extensively is very expensive.

The question then, is the G5 floor pan the same as the G6? If it is, then things like floor mats should fit from '23 to '24. Same for step side rails, seat mounts, and so on. The bed on the G6 is obviously different but I'm noting just the body platform.

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Its close, but it aint bang on. The floor mats fit a lot of the contours, along tranny hump, dead pedal area etc, but not where it meets the seat base, behind feet, no issue for me. despite them saying the cab is bigger the rear mats are slightly pinched between the B pillar compared to the 5G.

An interesting note is while the exterior of the cab area and the doors look the same as the 5G, on the 5G there was a smooth transition down to the rocker panel, the 6G has a "step out" under the doors to accommodate the wider stance of the rest of the truck, fender bump outs etc.

There's a lot of 5G remaining between the A pillar and rear of the cab for sure, under rear seat storage is nearly identical, likely more.

Sponsored

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Swapped over my Gator EFX hard bed cover, fits nice. Also Husky mats, bed mat, Cover King seat covers, and black solid lug nuts. Console tray doesn't fit, too narrow, got a new one.

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor / 1994 Bronco
Bed Mats
Swapped over my Gator EFX hard bed cover, fits nice. Also Husky mats, bed mat, Cover King seat covers, and black solid lug nuts. Console tray doesn't fit, too narrow, got a new one.
Was your bed mat about an inch too narrow and a little too long? When I was shopping for bed mats they were listed to fit 2019-2024. I decided to compare gen5 and gen6 specs before ordering. It seems that they gen6 bed is slightly shorter and about an inch wider than the gen5 bed.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Bed Mats

Was your bed mat about an inch too narrow and a little too long? When I was shopping for bed mats they were listed to fit 2019-2024. I decided to compare gen5 and gen6 specs before ordering. It seems that they gen6 bed is slightly shorter and about an inch wider than the gen5 bed.
Hey Nassty ME...No, the length and width fit perfect! I cut out nada... The only difference was in the wheel wells as expected...a small gap at each side since they moved the shocks out for a 4 foot sheet to fit flat on the floor, which doesn't matter to me.
The arrows point to all the small holes in the bed, purpose unknown??

Ford Ranger 5th Gen to 6th Gen Ranger compatible parts -- what fits / swaps over 20240329_165044

Antman450

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat
Does anyone know how different the engine actually is? I am assuming that no tuning options from the old 2.3 work on the new engine. No aftermarket companies show anything available for power upgrades on the 2024.

Clay6GRanger

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Does anyone know how different the engine actually is? I am assuming that no tuning options from the old 2.3 work on the new engine. No aftermarket companies show anything available for power upgrades on the 2024.
I’d like to know this as well. I’d also like to know if the front shocks/struts have changed at all between the fifth and sixth gen if anyone knows?
Sponsored