• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
While I'm happy with the truck, I'm still mad at Ford. I found out from the dealer that ALL pre-orders were processed in the order they were received. That meant that my pre-order was prioritized BEHIND all the dealers that placed their orders in August. That just doesn't seem like good customer service to me. I would have thought that customers would be prioritized, but that was not the case - at least that's what I was told as the reason why I had to wait so long for my truck.
That doesn't really make sense. You ordered yours over a month before I did, and you got it just 2 days before I got mine. I still think there is something fishing going on with how they scheduled these trucks.

I guess the important thing is that we both got our trucks and we are happy with them.
Sponsored

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Crazy to see how much appeal the Platinum White has for the two coasts! (Mine is scheduled for delivery on 5/5.)

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
I really dig the platinum look, but I am not sure if I want two white vehicles, ya know!? Decisions decisions..

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2019 Honda CRV Touring
Occupation
Retired
I really dig the platinum look, but I am not sure if I want two white vehicles, ya know!? Decisions decisions..
we have only purchased tri color white vehicles and silver. No interest in any other colors. Platinum White looks good with the chrome package. OTOH I like silver as well. It doesn't show dirt much and is very forgiving when it comes to Swirls. Black accents look great on Silver. I couldn't get white my next choice could have been silver

1. always looks cleaner than the same dirty truck in another color.
2. Cool surfaces in the Summer.
3 Resale better as the most ordered and purchased vehicle colors are white ,silver and black.
4. Swirls are all but impossible to see,

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
we have only purchased tri color white vehicles and silver. No interest in any other colors. Platinum White looks good with the chrome package. OTOH I like silver as well. It doesn't show dirt much and is very forgiving when it comes to Swirls. Black accents look great on Silver. I couldn't get white my next choice could have been silver

1. always looks cleaner than the same dirty truck in another color.
2. Cool surfaces in the Summer.
3 Resale better as the most ordered and purchased vehicle colors are white ,silver and black.
4. Swirls are all but impossible to see,
I wanted a Platinum non 4x4 which was near impossible. So ended with a ingot.

Sponsored

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger. 2005 S2000. 2009 R1
Occupation
Small Business Owner
I will add mine to the list - I really like the White Platinum. And I just LOVE the truck - it was hard to wait, but it definitely was worth the wait:

20190414_174729(1).jpg
Is your whole front bumper paint matched, or is the "exposed steel bash plate" gray due to the FX4 package?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your whole front bumper paint matched, or is the "exposed steel bash plate" gray due to the FX4 package?
Hope this helps:
Ford Ranger WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread 20190507_193802

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Hope this helps:
20190507_193802.jpg
Thanks, that does help. I don't understand though. Yours says it is the FX4 package, but when I build that truck on Ford's website, adding the FX4 package ends up looking like this:
Ford Ranger WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread upload_2019-5-8_9-43-6

So you can clearly see that the image shown does not have a white portion on the lower part of the front bumper. Also noticed that the front sensors are missing from the center section of that lower bumper piece too, whereas yours has them.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, that does help. I don't understand though. Yours says it is the FX4 package, but when I build that truck on Ford's website, adding the FX4 package ends up looking like this:
upload_2019-5-8_9-43-6.png

So you can clearly see that the image shown does not have a white portion on the lower part of the front bumper. Also noticed that the front sensors are missing from the center section of that lower bumper piece too, whereas yours has them.
Yeah, I've noticed the images on the build site aren't always quite right.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Yeah, I've noticed the images on the build site aren't always quite right.
Well its comforting knowing that if I do finally order this Ranger, it will be all white like yours is. I'd prefer no gray panel as shown in the pic, but its not the end of the world if it ends up like that.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well its comforting knowing that if I do finally order this Ranger, it will be all white like yours is. I'd prefer no gray panel as shown in the pic, but its not the end of the world if it ends up like that.
I honestly had never noticed it.... :) I love the way it looks and I've gotten lots of compliments on how it looks too.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford - 2017 Tacoma-19 Ranger 4x2 lariat
Occupation
retired mechanic
Picked up my Platinum white Lariat 4x2 ,501a,chrome pkg, tow, E locker, keypad. 6.5 weeks to deliver! Got home last night and CEL came on at 30 miles. Overall great truck,im sure cel wont be a big deal.
Ford Ranger WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread IMG_0152.JPG

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Mods this past weekend:

Ford Ranger WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread 33A395DE-59CE-47D8-BED5-A943ADAAEA2C

#1. Rhino exhaust tip (until I get a Gibson dual split system for rear.)

Ford Ranger WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread 8E54A453-5EF0-476A-B04E-CEBB77CD291E

#2. Yakima “Overhaul” rack system.

Ford Ranger WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread 5F82095F-0C6A-45CB-8A87-39444FEB4387

#3. 86’d that Eco-Boost badge, as well as bed-side decals and dealer ads.