• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Will the 2024 bumper be able to be removed or customized?

ROBOT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Ford Ranger Will the 2024 bumper be able to be removed or customized? IMG_0141

just curious.. II’m not sure how I feel on the plastic bumper. Wondering if it can be removed? Is it painted underneath?

Overall I’m not seeing as many custom mod stuff like the other bronco,Maverick, etc.

Not seeing much hype about the truck either lol but super excited for it to be built!
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
that's just a decorative covering, not the actual bumper. Bumper is normally pressed/stamped steel and unfinished and a basic safety compliant design they choose to cover with plastic fascia.

Last edited:

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
Looks like the Tacoma has the same ugly plastic bumper problem. I personally went for the Ranger raptor partly because the bumper looks much better. I have seen some Ranger raptors with aftermarket bumpers, and they still need some weird filler pieces, who knows what the lower trims will need because aftermarket plastic is so ugly, might end up with a DOOD grill or that dumb angry eyes Jeep look. Why does ford gotta do this to us lol.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like the Tacoma has the same ugly plastic bumper problem. I personally went for the Ranger raptor partly because the bumper looks much better. I have seen some Ranger raptors with aftermarket bumpers, and they still need some weird filler pieces, who knows what the lower trims will need because aftermarket plastic is so ugly, might end up with a DOOD grill or that dumb angry eyes Jeep look. Why does ford gotta do this to us lol.
On some of the Toyotas, it’s a common mod when installing steel off road bumpers to physically cut the bumper cover away partially.

OP
OP
ROBOT

ROBOT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
For sure lol Im just thinking it'll be difficult to mod anything or even add a steel bumper with that damn plastic in the way. Its the only thing I really dont like about the new ranger.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
For sure lol Im just thinking it'll be difficult to mod anything or even add a steel bumper with that damn plastic in the way. Its the only thing I really dont like about the new ranger.
If you check this very site, you’ll find an example of a steel bumper on an AUS Wildtrak. Looks like ARB has a filler piece for the vertical half pillars built into the bumper itself.

https://www.ranger6g.com/arb-steel-bumper-for-6th-gen-ranger/

OP
OP
ROBOT

ROBOT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat