• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F-150
Are we sure it's a Ford? I mean, they do have the emblem covered. Very sneaky...... :crackup:

I'm kinda liking it, but I hope they have a version without all of the chrome.

Ugga Mugga

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Are we sure it's a Ford? I mean, they do have the emblem covered. Very sneaky...... :crackup:

I'm kinda liking it, but I hope they have a version without all of the chrome.
LOL and the front camo just happens to be strategically half hanging off. Thanks for the staged reveal, Ford. Staged or not, the front face looks good even with chrome grill.

@wanted33 I'm sure we'll see non-chrome trims. XL and Tremor at the very least won't have chrome.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Does anyone else really dislike chrome on vehicles? I know it's a staple (especially on trucks), but I just can't get around it. As long as Ford allows us to get a STX or Sport package with non-chrome trimming with most trims and equipment packages, I'll be happy.

Regardless, I like the design of the new Ranger. Still hoping for a PowerBoost version.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Looking at those pics, I can't help but hear the David Rose Orchestra playing "The Stripper". I guess my Band Geek is showing.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Does anyone else really dislike chrome on vehicles? I know it's a staple (especially on trucks), but I just can't get around it. As long as Ford allows us to get a STX or Sport package with non-chrome trimming with most trims and equipment packages, I'll be happy.

Regardless, I like the design of the new Ranger. Still hoping for a PowerBoost version.
I'm not a fan of chrome either which I know is strange because they say us old(er) guys like chrome. I'm still trying to warm up to the new front end/grille and headlights. Looking forward to seeing what all the trim levels look like for the next Gen.

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Hate chrome, myself, but gosh darn she's beautiful. The shared design language in the front end is perfect.

Not waiting until the end of 2023 for one, though, so hope we get her faster.

Reactions: Doc

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I’m hoping a sport or tremor trim has obviously the chrome delete but maybe a more aggressive grill. Idk… it looks good and everything and the Maverick looks good and I understand the design languge, but idk… i was hoping for more.

i have owned a ford for 15 years but i can’t help but be a little giddy for the updated tacoma. I know I’m sorry.
however, a Ranger Powerboost… take my money.

95 Ford Splash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Lariat
I hope it has the Blackout trim package that is going to be offered on the 2022 F150. It needs it from the start, the world is so tired of chrome.

Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F-150
I'm not a fan of chrome either which I know is strange because they say us old(er) guys like chrome. I'm still trying to warm up to the new front end/grille and headlights. Looking forward to seeing what all the trim levels look like for the next Gen.
It is odd for me also, but the Ranger just doesn't look right with the chrome package IMHO. Some vehicle still look good with chrome though. With the '23 Ranger I just hoping Ford has been able to design a flat floor under the rear seat of the Crew Cab like it's big brother the F-150. That alone could push me to wait a bit longer to put any plans in action.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Interesting that this is a LH drive model yet the front bumper doesn't look much different from that on the ROW RH drive models that were just revealed. Even under the camo it doesn't appear to be a separate piece from the rest of the front facia and it also appears to have the fangs. I suppose it could be a LH drive European model.

Ford Ranger Ford Ranger Prototype Spied with Undisguised New Chrome Grille 1639086616653
Sponsored