• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Possible New NA production ready Spyshots from TFLtruck.com

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
With the roof rails and what looks to be a plastic front bumper, I'm hoping this isn't the US spec. I'm not opposed to the roof rails as an option, but those just don't tend to show up on US trucks except for maybe the Nissan Frontier at one point? Who knows, this test mule could be some sort of mash up, but I'm counting on the US Ranger having a metal front bumper. I like how the Raptor rear exhaust looks tucked up in the bumper cutaways, but it loses the side steps. Not a fan of rear exhaust if it hangs low. Come on Ford, show us our US version!

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
That's a LHD Wildtrak for world markets. Not US spec.
Interesting. That would make sense. If it’s essentially the same motor and powertrain why not bring it over for testing. Interesting.
i really am hoping for a PHEV for theNA market at launch. I know it’s kind of wishful thinking at this point but I am starting to feel the crunch at the gas station.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. That would make sense. If it’s essentially the same motor and powertrain why not bring it over for testing. Interesting.
i really am hoping for a PHEV for theNA market at launch. I know it’s kind of wishful thinking at this point but I am starting to feel the crunch at the gas station.
Prototypes get tested globally, the US market cars are in Australia now at the proving ground and kicking around on the streets. A lot of high altitude testing gets done in Colorado, and a lot of cold weather testing gets done in New Zealand or in Scandinavia. None of the released engine options for the EU/World market will make it to the states, other than the Raptor's V6 ecoboost.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Prototypes get tested globally, the US market cars are in Australia now at the proving ground and kicking around on the streets. A lot of high altitude testing gets done in Colorado, and a lot of cold weather testing gets done in New Zealand or in Scandinavia. None of the released engine options for the EU/World market will make it to the states, other than the Raptor's V6 ecoboost.
right i understand that piece.
I can't tell from the pictures where the rear brake light was. On the cab or in the tailage on this set.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
right i understand that piece.
I can't tell from the pictures where the rear brake light was. On the cab or in the tailgate on this set.
It looks like it is in the tailgate, there is no bulge in the roof camoflauge to hide it. The tailgate seems to have a large bulge in the camoflauge around the handle. It also doesn't appear to have the front fender amber reflectors like the long wheelbase prototype spotted in Melbourne does, which apparently appears to be a US market prototype.

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
It looks like it is in the tailgate, there is no bulge in the roof camoflauge to hide it. The tailgate seems to have a large bulge in the camoflauge around the handle. It also doesn't appear to have the front fender amber reflectors like the long wheelbase prototype spotted in Melbourne does, which apparently appears to be a US market prototype.
Interesting.
Sponsored