• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Where are the consumer reviews? Deliveries? Aussies and EMEIA help us out

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Global people who are now receiving their Ranger Raptor's. What are you thoughts? Likes/Dislikes, Impressions of the product? Just waiting here patiently...... Just Like I did for my Shelby GT500. 4K miles on it!
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Still waiting patiently here as well (expecting Feb or March for my Ranger Raptor to arrive) however on some FB groups (if you can be bothered wasting your time for very little return) there are some infrequent reports of the following issues (not exhaustive):
  • Media screen lock-ups
  • Exhaust mode getting stuck in "Normal"
  • Shift harshness
  • Random messages on Ford app like "oil change required"
  • Poor phone call quality (for people on the other end)
  • Bugs with Apple Carplay and Android Auto

In terms of the drive, people are generally very impressed with the ride quality even in the non-Raptor variants though some are saying that they think the rear spring rate could be a bit on the soft side given the load ratings.

Again, not first hand experience here, just what I have heard.

OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Yes, FB groups are quite the wormhole. Thanks for sharing your research. A few thoughts on what you've heard.
Glad the ride is good, I won't be hauling much but a$$.

• Media screen lock-ups
  • Poor phone call quality (for people on the other end)
  • Bugs with Apple Carplay and Android Auto
These above are hopefully software fixes. The sound quality will matter to me. I talk and drive using the handsfree audio quite often.
  • Exhaust mode getting stuck in "Normal" - with selective exhaust on the GT500 some had harness wiring too close to heat sources or they weren't lubricated enough to manage the changes/heat cycles.
  • Shift harshness - shift programming will catch up in time either the computer "learns" or they update the software.
  • Random messages on Ford app like "oil change required" - UPGRADE in time should fix

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
From what I've seen, those complaining about shifting are trying to drive in sport mode from day one. Sport mode is programmed to be harsh.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yep, plus it is very typical for bugs to find their way through the first production run. I'm sure all of these items will be sorted before long.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OH3Cobra

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Sport mode in the GT500 has great downshifts and is very intuitive for sporty driving. That is a Dual Clutch, I'm interested to see how a 10 speed handles it. A10 owners with 5.0 GT's seem to be very happy and the torque multiplication due to the gear range is solid.

Kiwitch

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor Next Gen
Occupation
Sales
I got mine 3 weeks ago am in NZ
Conquer Grey
Love the car it's everything the you tube reviews have mentioned
Done 600km so far with some off roading. Overall the car is amazing but I've got some insides for you
The first shipment of NZ raptors (not sure if this was the same for OZ) came with wildtrack shafts so needed replacing which caused a delay. 1 day after picking it up I had to take it back in as there was some insulation tape not installed for the matrix leds (quick fix). One thing I've noticed is the car is a bit clunky at low speed in sport mode possibly around gears 2 and 3. Sports mode drops gears which is cool as hell but feel it's needs refining at the lower end
No real complaints though the car is so dam cool and looks spot on !!

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Conquer Grey
Done 600km so far with some off roading. Overall the car is amazing but I've got some insides for you
The first shipment of NZ raptors (not sure if this was the same for OZ) came with wildtrack shafts so needed replacing which caused a delay. 1 day after picking it up I had to take it back in as there was some insulation tape not installed for the matrix leds (quick fix). One thing I've noticed is the car is a bit clunky at low speed in sport mode possibly around gears 2 and 3. Sports mode drops gears which is cool as hell but feel it's needs refining at the lower end
Any pictures?

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Conquer Grey
The 10speed auto will learn how you drive. Should improve after a bit.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Thanks didn't know that
Ok, going from the well covered Ranger 5G Forum. The 10 Speed is intuitive it will learn the way you drive. That being said, I would drive it in normal mode for it to learn. Instead of having it in Sport mode. I would think you would have to put it in Sport mode every time you start it. Educate me too.

Last edited:

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
The first 1,000 or so KM are very important for the transmission to learn how to behave. Avoid full throttle during this time, just drive normally. This will ensure the transmission is as smooth as possible during normal day to day driving.