• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bed covers

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
In Australia, the first batch of Ranger Raptors are not available with a factory option for a bed cover (they can be optioned on 2023.5 models but not for anything before then). So the given the need (desire) for a bed cover, what are peoples preferred options?

If we could get them in Aus then my preference would be the BAK Revolver X4s but I don't think they are available for the next-gen Rangers yet.

Ford Ranger Bed covers Screenshot 2022-10-19 180231
Sponsored

BJP

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, XR8, XR6
Occupation
Transport employee
I am interested in the new offering from HSP in Victoria - looks great and has a few features that seem impressive (including phone operation). I am interested to hear if anyone has experience with this brand in a current Raptor and can comment on how they do the tailgate seal and general quality of the product?

OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I can't comment on the HSP but I do note that sealing on the Raptor or any other variant that does not have the plastic bed liner is something that needs to be solved. The gaps between the tailgate and the tub are enormous. If there is no solution to this by the time my vehicle arrives I will look into making up a solution that gives a similar surface to the plastic bedliner for attaching a seal.

BJP

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, XR8, XR6
Occupation
Transport employee
You’re not wrong! I’ve only experienced a PX3 WT before and when I first saw the Raptor I thought someone had left panels off! I too will be looking for a Bunnings solution or something if nothing is available elsewhere.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned soft tonneau cover.
Ford developed a seal kit for the PX series, so that will be an option eventually. But that only seals around the tailgate. The rest of the tub is full of holes and gaps too, and the plastic liner doesn't help there either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CrustyNoodle

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned soft tonneau cover.
Ford developed a seal kit for the PX series, so that will be an option eventually. But that only seals around the tailgate. The rest of the tub is full of holes and gaps too, and the plastic liner doesn't help there either.
Yep, I think I might end up going down the soft tonneau path in the end. I think the BAK X4s will be expensive in Aus for what it is.

I'm also keen to be able to put a rack on the back for touring and the only things compatible with that idea the retractable cover (robbing you of tub space) and the soft tonneau.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Yep, I think I might end up going down the soft tonneau path in the end. I think the BAK X4s will be expensive in Aus for what it is.

I'm also keen to be able to put a rack on the back for touring and the only things compatible with that idea the retractable cover (robbing you of tub space) and the soft tonneau.
I've got a Tuff Tonneaus cover on my PX3 Raptor, its well made and made in Melbourne, I know another bloke that's modified his to add cutouts for his rack system and it looks good.
Sponsored