• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Make the tailgate step an option once more. I miss the one I had on my F150. I have to use a small step ladder in order to get in and out of mine since I am 70 and have too many replacement parts....knee, two hips, etc. Oh, and I am height challenged as I am only about 5' 3". When I got out bed of the truck yesterday after installing the missing tie down brackets, the step stool went out from under me sending me flying like Superman to a landing on both wrists on the cement driveway. I know the left one is broken, and we are not too sure about the right one as it has so much arthritis in it. Anyway, I really miss my tailgate step. lol
That’s terrible! Hope you heal quickly:)
Sponsored

Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2016 Lincoln MKX, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Replace the ice with the Jack. :D
Um...having a Jack on the rocks while typing thith poachst..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Range Vehicle Engineeeeeeering
Ford Motor Co. Retirrrrred...HIc!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Highlander, 2012 Jeep JK, 2007 Tundra SR5
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Make the tailgate step an option once more. I miss the one I had on my F150. I have to use a small step ladder in order to get in and out of mine since I am 70 and have too many replacement parts....knee, two hips, etc. Oh, and I am height challenged as I am only about 5' 3". When I got out bed of the truck yesterday after installing the missing tie down brackets, the step stool went out from under me sending me flying like Superman to a landing on both wrists on the cement driveway. I know the left one is broken, and we are not too sure about the right one as it has so much arthritis in it. Anyway, I really miss my tailgate step. lol
Really sorry to hear of your accidental fall. Bad way to start the New Year. I hope you recover quickly.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Um...having a Jack on the rocks while typing thith poachst..

Best,
Phil Schilke
Range Vehicle Engineeeeeeering
Ford Motor Co. Retirrrrred...HIc!
Hi Phil,

One of these days I might just have to head down your way and join you. :)

Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger jack_on_the_rocks_by_h3nkku

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
I don't know how yours works, but mine is always open - doesn't matter whether I lock the doors or not - I can open the fuel door regardless. If it worked as you said (only can open the door when the truck is unlocked) that would be fine - but mine doesn't work that way.
RedLandRanger - we have a VW atlas that has this feature and not on my Ranger.

Also, I notice you have a '73 Capri - I had a '76 Capri while in high school great cars.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan S 2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer

Sponsored

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Getting old sucks. Had a cortisone shot in my elbow this morning. That HURT.

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan S 2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Getting old sucks. Had a cortisone shot in my elbow this morning. That HURT.
The best thing you can do after getting that shot is to apply ice to the area you had the shot. It will really help get rid of the pain.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
RedLandRanger - we have a VW atlas that has this feature and not on my Ranger.

Also, I notice you have a '73 Capri - I had a '76 Capri while in high school great cars.
Yep - it was my first car - I've owned it for 38 years now. About 10 years ago my son and I did a restoration on it - now it is my fun car I drive to shows. My best man at my wedding had a brown 76 too. It is a kick to drive - WAY different than the Ranger.

Edit: I couldn't resist - here is a photo of it when it was basically complete:
Ford Ranger Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger P3230027.JPG

Last edited:

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Yep - it was my first car - I've owned it for 38 years now. About 10 years ago my son and I did a restoration on it - now it is my fun car I drive to shows. My best man at my wedding had a brown 76 too. It is a kick to drive - WAY different than the Ranger.

Edit: I couldn't resist - here is a photo of it when it was basically complete:
P3230027.JPG
That is awesome what a great looking car - my '76 was silver with the V6 and 4 speed - that bad boy could really fly. I lived in Dallas and they had just opened up 635 to the airport and there were nights nobody was out there and I could get that up to 120/130 and only pulling 4200 RPM (I was to scared to go much past that point).

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
That is awesome what a great looking car - my '76 was silver with the V6 and 4 speed - that bad boy could really fly. I lived in Dallas and they had just opened up 635 to the airport and there were nights nobody was out there and I could get that up to 120/130 and only pulling 4200 RPM (I was to scared to go much past that point).
It still amazes me the shift in engine technology - my Capri has a 2.6l engine and came with a little over 100hp stock. I might be lucky and might have close to 150, but the new Ranger has a SMALLER engine and gets almost 3 times the HP. Crazy stuff. My Capri maxes out at a little over 100 (at least it used to). I could never get close to redline in 4th gear. Maybe things are different with this engine, but I'm smarter now than I was back then. :)
Sponsored