• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

1st run

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The reality of we're all going to be waiting another 6-12 months minimum is setting in. It is kind of depressing really, especially since the past 2 weeks were full of excitement.
I would have thought most of us have rigs to tide us over till then. Personally I have plenty to do, I need to figure out what is going to be transferable vs what is not, and slowly start putting the truck back to stock and covering all my tracks (everything is a legit install, I am talking about dealership eyes). My dealer wants to buy my truck as-is, but we all know who would get the short end on that stick.

The original plan was to sell my current truck as-is to a private buyer looking for a specific vehicle that was lock stock ready to overland, but the more I think about it - I don't want to incur the cost of replacing items for the new truck (especially since prices have increased since I bought them years ago), so back to stock, or close to stock it goes.

My custom monolithic 8 foot roof platform can move over to the new truck because the RCI rack I use as the base is universal anyhow (width can be adjusted). That also lets me keep my custom 8-pod storage walls since that is tied in as well.

Going to keep my decked bed system because worse case scenario, some new fabbed up brackets can be made. I got this thing at a great price of $500 in excellent shape, replacing it with a new $1600 unit that is the same thing would be stupid as well.

I am probably going to have to let the suspension stay on (eibach stage 1, blocks, and autospring leaf helpers) because that will just be too much of a PITA to put back to stock.

8 foot arb awning and tent attachment will come with me too. I think pretty much the suspension and brush guard will be the only thing to stay on.

Probably swap out my current RTR wheels with the stock Raptor wheels once it comes in as part of the trade in (I am stealing the new rubber though even though mine only have 17k on them).
Sponsored

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Yeah, that really sucks. I was told 6-7 months possible wait with my order today. It was with a big dealer and they got an allocation of 5. At least they didn't try and charge me an ADM.
how did they get an allocation of 5? Every dealer is only getting 1 for now.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I don't know. It's AutoNation Ford. They have dealerships all over the country. There are at least 4 in NE Ohio, so maybe they got one per dealership and spread them around where they get orders.

BlkPBB21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GX460
I don't know. It's AutoNation Ford. They have dealerships all over the country. There are at least 4 in NE Ohio, so maybe they got one per dealership and spread them around where they get orders.
That's funny. My greedy local Autonation Ford was charging a $15k ADM.

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
till no build: nobody have a clue specially bronco is built same factory.

Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
They didn't they are a bunch of liars and this is just the long set up to move the additional orders to future batches/retail.

There is no mystery here.

RapVillin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Occupation
business owner
Don't know my dealership said they are getting 2. But no telling if they were full of shit

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
They didn't they are a bunch of liars and this is just the long set up to move the additional orders to future batches/retail.

There is no mystery here.
I guess we'll see. I have the dealer order sheet for mine, and supposedly they will be sending final paperwork on the deal as soon as the VIN is assigned. On a forum like this it will be easy to know when VINS start getting set so if they take too long I'll know they were full of shit. Maybe at that point I'll look at the new TACO. I certainly won't buy from them if something gets funky. Don't want to though, I really want this Raptor.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Ford Ranger 1st run 1686307965088

Does not mean a thing if it was made a yr ago. Look at the R5G, It has been made for yrs
before being made here in Michigan but the HVAC issue with the blend door was snafu.
It took them about 6 months before they fixed it. Different subcontractors with different part. First yr will be riddled with issues, we can only hope it will be just a few.
Sponsored