• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger First Look, Walkthrough, Hands-On Videos Are Here! 🍿

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I have to say I am not impressed. I think it looks like a larger Maverick. I really do not like the front end. The Raptor looks ok on the front. I really didn't care for this current gen Ranger front end but it grew on me so maybe this will. . I think the screens inside are nice. I like it is offering a 6 cyl as a option.
Honestly it doesn't look like much changed. It even has the exact seats in my Ranger.
Wow still uses a key on some models.

I really do not get this gen with all trucks. Prices are getting so outrageous they will push people back to cars. Guess what Ford you do not have any.

I love the look of the Colorado but the trial boss has no rear defrost, heated seats are not even a option. Allot of trucks are bought in cold weather places. These trucks got even more expensive. Wow.

GMC Canyon I love the look of this truck the most. Defiantly the most impressive of all the midsized truck so far. Not much different feeling than the Colorado on pricing. Ouch.

Nissan Frontier is solid, nice they have a naturally aspirated 6. Way over priced for a Nissan.

Toyota Tacoma exterior looks nice we do not know much else.

I mean come one some of these models don't even have leds standard.

Now rumored again the Dakota is coming.

I predict in a few years not even that long there is going to be a truck war and prices will drop after the newness wears off. Especially with these interest rates.

honestly I will hold on to my Ranger and see how things pan out for a while.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Will there be a Tremor offered? I haven't found it in the media yet

Sponsored

JBTN

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have to say I am not impressed. I think it looks like a larger Maverick. I really do not like the front end. The Raptor looks ok on the front. I really didn't care for this current gen Ranger front end but it grew on me so maybe this will. . I think the screens inside are nice. I like it is offering a 6 cyl as a option.
Honestly it doesn't look like much changed. It even has the exact seats in my Ranger.
Wow still uses a key on some models.

I really do not get this gen with all trucks. Prices are getting so outrageous they will push people back to cars. Guess what Ford you do not have any.

I love the look of the Colorado but the trial boss has no rear defrost, heated seats are not even a option. Allot of trucks are bought in cold weather places. These trucks got even more expensive. Wow.

GMC Canyon I love the look of this truck the most. Defiantly the most impressive of all the midsized truck so far. Not much different feeling than the Colorado on pricing. Ouch.

Nissan Frontier is solid, nice they have a naturally aspirated 6. Way over priced for a Nissan.

Toyota Tacoma exterior looks nice we do not know much else.

I mean come one some of these models don't even have leds standard.

Now rumored again the Dakota is coming.

I predict in a few years not even that long there is going to be a truck war and prices will drop after the newness wears off. Especially with these interest rates.

honestly I will hold on to my Ranger and see how things pan out for a while.

Yeah seeing some misses too on this. It is a Maverick XL by the looks. Not a lot to get excited about. They have a power sliding rear window and it looks like they are using the full dash instead of just 8" on some of the twins models but no sunroof? I guess time will tell. Also I think the Dakota is going to be more Maverick sized than mid sized.

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
I 1000% agree... I have owned 2 Nissan Frontiers. The 2013 I bought was $26,000 very loaded. No way I would pay $45k+ for a Nissan Frontier. The build quality, ride, comfort, creature features, etc. are just not there.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor, '13 Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Will there be a Tremor offered? I haven't found it in the media yet
I just watched the TFL video. He specifically said Tremor is not an option. WTH? Tremor is a big deal for Ford in the Super's, F150's and the Maverick. Why would they drop the package for the "new and improved" Ranger?!?! Makes no sense to me. Yes they have the Raptor. So what? Everyone else doesn't want to run 90 mph over dunes. (Or live in such an area.) Many folks simply want a pretty good off road package straight from the factory. Tremor should be an option IMHO.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I just watched the TFL video. He specifically said Tremor is not an option. WTH? Tremor is a big deal for Ford in the Super's, F150's and the Maverick. Why would they drop the package for the "new and improved" Ranger?!?! Makes no sense to me. Yes they have the Raptor. So what? Everyone else doesn't want to run 90 mph over dunes. (Or live in such an area.) Many folks simply want a pretty good off road package straight from the factory. Tremor should be an option IMHO.
It was not a option when this generation launched either. Doesn't mean there wont be one.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Someone stated there would be a live press thing at 3pm today. Anyone know where to find that?

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
Duke (@DukeCanBuildit), did you notice that unmentionable thing is not integrated into the taillight enclosure? We can remove those useless things in less than a minute! :clap:

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Scab - Shadow Black
Duke (@DukeCanBuildit), did you notice that unmentionable thing is not integrated into the taillight enclosure? We can get remove those things in less than a minute! :clap:
Thanks for the heads up Al. I didn’t realize the 6g came with a parasitic infestation.

I’m on it!

Ford Ranger 2024 Ranger First Look, Walkthrough, Hands-On Videos Are Here! 🍿 IMG_4107
Sponsored