• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Technical Service Info

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bugs suck and are to be expected in every software system, but at least we can see Ford acknowledging these and looking to fix them. Nothing looks too serious but definitely some "annoyances".

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
Sync is ass. I have issues on my 21 edge. I wish they used the Google infotainment

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync is ass. I have issues on my 21 edge. I wish they used the Google infotainment
I've never had any issues with Sync 3 in my FoST. There's not many bells & whistles but I've never had any real complaints with it.

I think Sync4a that the ranger is using is only used in the Mach-E & Lightning as well, right? Or have they added it to other cars since then

Sponsored

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I've never had any issues with Sync 3 in my FoST. There's not many bells & whistles but I've never had any real complaints with it.

I think Sync4a that the ranger is using is only used in the Mach-E & Lightning as well, right? Or have they added it to other cars since then
its used on the 21 Edge and above as well which I use. Thats why I mention Sync is ass. It can forget to connect to airplay wirelessly which forces you to use wired till it works randomly wirelessly. The screen freezes which requires a button combination to force reboot the screen.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
The only difference between sync 4, and 4a is the orientation of the screen (horizontal versus vertical).

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
these are hopefully OTA fixes. Our new QX60 has had several software bugs followed by updates that remedied them.

craigc

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Hopefully they don't OTA an ugly bug like my C300 did while it was still under warranty. I was just driving and then my nav screen froze and entire display responsive, and also the radio couldn't be changed from a spanish speaking channel. This lasted for a month! Mercedes at that time had to order a cable to connect to my car to fix it. Supposedly they had pushed an OTA update that broke many cars nationwide. This was in 2018 and nothing to do with Ford. But is still software....always challenging as these vehicles get more "intelligent"...

Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I had a bunch of bugs on my 2021 F150. Mostly it couldn't update itself OTA. I finally gave in and bought a mongoose cable and spent about 8 hours updating it. Since then it has worked really well.

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
When I got my Ranger Raptor last year the Sync 4a system was laggy and buggy. But with several updates that the dealer initially installed and two OTAs now, it has gotten a lot more responsive and I haven't had any crashes in months. Android Auto, both wired and wireless , has been rock solid for me!

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I work in IT with a degree in Computer Science, and I won't touch anything Google does. They track everything you do, then sell the information and plaster your screen with advertisements across all platforms that you use.

Google has been sued and lost multiple times recently. The most egregious being the "incognito" scam. $5 Billion is nothing to them with as much money as they make.
I also switched to Motorola RAZR because "Motorola doesn't run as my Android updates as everyone else." I use Mozilla and duckduckgo.com for more privacy. But there are other options.

Google settles $5 billion privacy lawsuit over tracking people using 'incognito mode'

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/30/1222268415/google-settles-5-billion-privacy-lawsuit

jensht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Raptor
I work in IT with a degree in Computer Science, and I won't touch anything Google does. They track everything you do, then sell the information and plaster your screen with advertisements across all platforms that you use.

Google has been sued and lost multiple times recently. The most egregious being the "incognito" scam. $5 Billion is nothing to them with as much money as they make.
I also switched to Motorola RAZR because "Motorola doesn't run as my Android updates as everyone else." I use Mozilla and duckduckgo.com for more privacy. But there are other options.

Google settles $5 billion privacy lawsuit over tracking people using 'incognito mode'

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/30/1222268415/google-settles-5-billion-privacy-lawsuit
So how do you think all the websites that you use for free pay for their operations? How does Mozilla and duckduckgo finance their operations? Your data is what pays for it. This isn't a Google problem, even though it is trendy to bash them. Where are ads plastered all over the Android Auto or Android Automotive screens?

What operating system does your Motorola phone use, oh wait, it is Android. And what do updates to the phone have to do with tracking? You might want a refund on your CS degree unless you like spurting out half truths and propaganda.
Sponsored