• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Any US 6G Hopefuls Drooling Over Aussie Options?

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry if this has been posted, but going through the AU site under 6G versatility, and I'm wondering if there is any chance we get options like the dual battery in the US, or the aux switches without waiting for a Tremor or paying for a Raptor? Even the fold flat seats are intriguing for interior cargo and highway snoozes on long drives: AU 6G Versatility Features I can't wait to see the US trim levels for launch, available options, paint colors, and payloads. If there is no Tremor at launch, an FX4 with a factory dual battery option and AUX switches would be great, but offering the AUX without requiring it be a Tremor takes some wind out of the Tremor.
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I have been told that the ROW Ford site is up and running for the 6G Ranger. Use 2000 as postal code.
Is that all the options they get. Very lacking compare to NA models. I guess they are more work trucks then leisure.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I have been told that the ROW Ford site is up and running for the 6G Ranger. Use 2000 as postal code.
Is that all the options they get. Very lacking compare to NA models. I guess they are more work trucks then leisure.
Generally speaking vehicles in Australia are far less customisable at the factory than what you in the US get. But if you order a model, there may be one options pack to chose (such as the tech pack on XLT) that includes everything. Otherwise things just come as standard, e.g. the Raptor having basically no options (other than colour, bead lock wheels and the ugly graphics pack).

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Generally speaking vehicles in Australia are far less customisable at the factory than what you in the US get. But if you order a model, there may be one options pack to chose (such as the tech pack on XLT) that includes everything. Otherwise things just come as standard, e.g. the Raptor having basically no options (other than colour, bead lock wheels and the ugly graphics pack).
Running along the Bronco in the US Michigan Wayne factory the Ranger will probably have even more options then the previous Gen. NA small trucks are daily commuters, off road adventure, hauling crap in the bed, towing, camping trucks, etc. If you wanted a work truck you would chose the F 150, which I think is in the works for AU.

I am in Vancouver Canada. Postal code V5G 2J9. Look at the Ford.ca site and see how much you can option the previous Gen Ranger. The Bronco has 7 trim levels and you can option just about anything on it.

The Dual battery would most likely not be offered in NA. There's a big push for Electrification in NA. If you wanted a truck that would generate power you would chose the F 150 with Pro Power. It could run your house. On board generator. The lightning would also offer on board power.
We will have to see what the PHEV will offer. The Ranger is built to a price. If you wanted more you would move up to the more expensive F!50.
I would say the Toyota Hilux has set the option market for the ROW.

Mjet777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 limited
Occupation
Business owner CBD
Sounds like we are getting the same 2.3 L engine unless you get the raptor? Great engine but lame IMO considering itā€™s an ā€œAll new truckā€. While the Colorodo is getting the new 2.7L. Unless Iā€™m missing something?

Sponsored

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE
Does anyone have the ship code that is travelling from Thailand to Australia with the first lot of rangers? I saw a user post the link but not sure what forum it was.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Running along the Bronco in the US Michigan Wayne factory the Ranger will probably have even more options then the previous Gen. NA small trucks are daily commuters, off road adventure, hauling crap in the bed, towing, camping trucks, etc. If you wanted a work truck you would chose the F 150, which I think is in the works for AU.
Here our utes are everything to everyone. They are work utes, family utes, weekend tourers, tow vehicles for work trailers and for caravans. They do everything. Options lists have never been a thing here, what you would consider as options are usually just locked with a trim level here.
The F-150 in Australia will not be offered in true work truck trim, it's to be aimed squarely at those that need to tow something bigger than a Ranger can handle. They will not be on job sites any time soon, as the Ranger has more payload than the F-150.

The Dual battery would most likely not be offered in NA. There's a big push for Electrification in NA. If you wanted a truck that would generate power you would chose the F 150 with Pro Power. It could run your house. On board generator. The lightning would also offer on board power.
We will have to see what the PHEV will offer. The Ranger is built to a price. If you wanted more you would move up to the more expensive F!50.
I would say the Toyota Hilux has set the option market for the ROW.
Dual batteries for us are usually to run things like a fridge when you are camping, or orange flashing lights if you are on a worksite for an extended period. Not for powering circular saws or for running your house. A dual battery is all about extended time drawing small current with the engine off, so you don't drain the start battery.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Sounds like we are getting the same 2.3 L engine unless you get the raptor? Great engine but lame IMO considering itā€™s an ā€œAll new truckā€. While the Colorodo is getting the new 2.7L. Unless Iā€™m missing something?
I fully expect the 2.7l will be an option in the Ranger. It's available in the Bronco, so the parts will already be on the shelf. Ford won't let GM claim "best in class" power, when their 2.7l has already been engineered to fit.

Mjet777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 limited
Occupation
Business owner CBD
I fully expect the 2.7l will be an option in the Ranger. It's available in the Bronco, so the parts will already be on the shelf. Ford won't let GM claim "best in class" power, when their 2.7l has already been engineered to fit.
I kinda figured, but wasn't 100%. Thanks for a little more clarity!
Sponsored