• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Anyone else notice how odd the taillights are on the new Ranger meaning how only the top portion lights up.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
In Australia, with the full LED tail light package, the upper section is the brake light, and both sections illuminate for the tail marker. We also have amber indicators, not red.

The blind spot sensor is located behind the black section.
Sponsored

Charlie4711

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Security Manager
Found this in the owners manual. Not sure if it shines a light on this issue or not. You would think if the bottom illuminates on the raptor when the headlights are on that the same would be said for the regular rangers.

If that’s not the case my OCD is going to have a fit until some aftermarket replacements can be found.

Ford Ranger Anyone else notice how odd the taillights are on the new Ranger meaning how only the top portion lights up. IMG_2758

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Found this in the owners manual. Not sure if it shines a light on this issue or not. You would think if the bottom illuminates on the raptor when the headlights are on that the same would be said for the regular rangers.

If that’s not the case my OCD is going to have a fit until some aftermarket replacements can be found.
The only difference between 'mid' and 'high' level tail lights in Australia is that all of the lights are LED on the high level, mid has the turn signal and reverse signal as halogens. The brake and rear marker behave the same.

Charlie4711

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Security Manager
The only difference between 'mid' and 'high' level tail lights in Australia is that all of the lights are LED on the high level, mid has the turn signal and reverse signal as halogens. The brake and rear marker behave the same.
I looked everywhere for a ‘high’ but thought I was going mad because it wasn’t there lol

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I looked everywhere for a ‘high’ but thought I was going mad because it wasn’t there lol
High would likely be what Raptor has, and me a different manual to the standard vehicles. Everything else probably has mid or low.

We don't get low in Australia, only mid and high.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Even though I was or am still pleased that my Raptor will have LED running lights top and bottom, I do wish the bottom went bright with top when braking. Also I still don’t get why there is that dead square in the center on the bottom Half.

Were bulbs really that expensive, just really still strikes me as odd as well as less safe having dead zones in the taillight assembly.

Ford Ranger Anyone else notice how odd the taillights are on the new Ranger meaning how only the top portion lights up. IMG_5638

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Even though I was or am still pleased that my Raptor will have LED running lights top and bottom, I do wish the bottom went bright with top when braking. Also I still don’t get why there is that dead square in the center on the bottom Half.

Were bulbs really that expensive, just really still strikes me as odd as well as less safe having dead zones in the taillight assembly.
The red square is a retroreflector.

OP
OP
cc1999

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
The red square is a retroreflector.
yea, I know, I just think it looks like it should light up as part of tail light.
‘Just looks a little odd to me when the rest of the taillight lights up.
If the aftermarket comes up with a mod for that reflector to make it light up.
‘I would be interested.
Sponsored

Last edited: