• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

ARB said, "Oh yea? Hold my beer."

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
When your tiny compact "overlanding" camper costs more than the vehicle pulling it; even your new Ranger Raptor.

From one I can gather base model pricing is going to be around $74,000.

Do I want one? Would I ever. It is one hell of a bespoke product, so I understand the price point, but I wonder when these guys at ARB decided to forget their roots and where they came from.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I've been seeing a lot of Aussie overland campers showing up in the US lately and there's a few that cost over $110k.

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I've been seeing a lot of Aussie overland campers showing up in the US lately and there's a few that cost over $110k.

I wonder what the import/shipping costs are on these things.

These price ranges seem out of this world to me. When I look at USA made luxury off road campers I am seeing fully loaded models for $30-40,000 range.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)

These price ranges seem out of this world to me. When I look at USA made luxury off road campers I am seeing fully loaded models for $30-40,000 range.
this is the nicest camper I found, can be used for light off road. Not a bad price either. I know there are much more expensive campers and more capable but these are damn nice.
https://www.highcamptrailers.com/teardrop-trailer-pricing

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

I do think the import costs can't be cheap. Though the best USA luxury off road camper can't hold a candle to the Australian built ones. They are in a different league. I just walked through a $100k one the other day and the quality is out of this world. As expensive as they are, I don't doubt they are worth every penny.

This is the same model I walked through a BRS Pursuit It's like a swanky hotel room on the inside.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I do think the import costs can't be cheap. Though the best USA luxury off road camper can't hold a candle to the Australian built ones. They are in a different league. I just walked through a $100k one the other day and the quality is out of this world. As expensive as they are, I don't doubt they are worth every penny.

This is the same model I walked through a BRS Pursuit It's like a swanky hotel room on the inside.
Well I don't doubt ARB's camper cost has a lot to do with a unique tube frame and composite panels, but it just begs the question to me if those particular materials are worth the squeeze. That rear motorized hatch entry probably has an insane price tag. They more or less made a custom vehicle, just without an engine. And of course it looks cool, but cool points will only get you so far in my wallet.

Everything they are offering can be done, minus the custom stuff for so much cheaper. ARB sells themself as an out door lifestyle, it just struck me as odd they wanted to jump immediately to the above average bank account category, which is not going to be their primary customer, and not design and make something for the "every day joe blow" ARB customer.

I wonder how much this thing would cost if they sold a "shell only" model without all their extra junk thrown in. They loved in that video talking about the custom storage bags included. I mean come on guys... lol