• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bailed!

Drumz

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger.
Occupation
Drummer
I bailed on my Ranger order. Ordered June 1st no VIN no build date. With all that’s going on and them being almost 3000 units behind on orders, I just can’t wait until whenever next year for it. My current Ranger is a lease and I’ve had to extend it. They give them in 2 month increments and I’ve used one. I took it to the dealer last night and gave it back. I don’t want to deal with having to put cash into something that I’m literally renting lol. I found a GMC Canyon Elevation that I really took a liking to and I snagged it last night.
Ford Ranger Bailed! IMG_0641
Sponsored

TDPD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4runner - '24 RR on order
Congrats! That's a nice looking truck.

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I bailed on my Ranger order. Ordered June 1st no VIN no build date. With all that’s going on and them being almost 3000 units behind on orders, I just can’t wait until whenever next year for it. My current Ranger is a lease and I’ve had to extend it. They give them in 2 month increments and I’ve used one. I took it to the dealer last night and gave it back. I don’t want to deal with having to put cash into something that I’m literally renting lol. I found a GMC Canyon Elevation that I really took a liking to and I snagged it last night.
IMG_0641.jpeg
Very nice!

I am considering my options as well... My wife and I have been a single car family for almost 5 years now since she didn't work and I work from home. But now she has a job which leaves me without a car when she goes to work. I need something sooner than later.

Last edited:

RangerFX4

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Steel Buyer
Sharp truck! I've been doing some research on the same model. Not many of them out there around me due to the strike. I'll probably keep waiting on the Ranger.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Sharp truck! I've been doing some research on the same model. Not many of them out there around me due to the strike. I'll probably keep waiting on the Ranger.
Same. here. I was looking at an AT4. Nice truck, but none around to buy.

Sponsored

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
IMG_0641.jpeg
Hopefully yours doesn’t get any of the problems a lot of people are reporting. I really like the canyon but am nervous to pull the trigger.

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I’m going to wait for the Ranger Raptor as well. I only decided on the RR to build an overland rig, thinking it would be better than my f150 raptor on the trails. Maybe buy a cheap JK wrangler in the meantime to use and then sell when the RR comes in, or keep to hellcat swap on 1 tons. We just bought a third classic mini for 10k, and a neat 93 Mercedes G Wagon for 46k, so there are plenty of cheap cars to buy and drive, then sell with little depreciation, while we wait for the UAW mobsters to finish shaking Ford down for more money lol.
Ford Ranger Bailed! IMG_4890

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
The Colorado ZR2 is looking mighty tempting right now. To be fair I ordered an XLT fx4.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silverado 1500 LT in Glacier Blue
Congrats. The new GM twins looks great.

benz598

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Occupation
Farmer
I bailed as well and got my deposit back. Really a shame because i was looking forward to the truck. Ordered an X3 which will be built next month.

Sponsored

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
Nice buy! GM definitely got the styling language right! And that I4 is a great motor.

Just don’t pull on that exterior side armrest too hard.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Screw FX4
Occupation
retired
IMG_0641.jpeg
Beauty! Enjoy.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
Congrats but not sure if the grass is greener on that gm pasture... I owned a '19 gmc canyon all-terrain with the well known shudder issue. After multiple trips to GM and firmware updates, the issue never went away. I traded it in for my '21 Tremor . 19k miles on my Tremor with not a single issue. Rock solid and I've taken it to the back roads for camping.

However, when mine's paid off in early 2025, I might switch to the new Tacoma off-road hybrid (which should be in dealer lots by then). I mean, I do like the new Ranger but the Tremor trim is the ONLY trim that I like (the non Tremor trims are too plain , imo and the Raptor is just overkill for my needs..and my wallet).

Good luck with your twins though...yeah, it's a better looking truck than the 6th Ranger...

Deleted member 6753

I’m going to wait for the Ranger Raptor as well. I only decided on the RR to build an overland rig, thinking it would be better than my f150 raptor on the trails. Maybe buy a cheap JK wrangler in the meantime to use and then sell when the RR comes in, or keep to hellcat swap on 1 tons. We just bought a third classic mini for 10k, and a neat 93 Mercedes G Wagon for 46k, so there are plenty of cheap cars to buy and drive, then sell with little depreciation, while we wait for the UAW mobsters to finish shaking Ford down for more money lol.
IMG_4890.jpeg
The trailer looks nice, I ordered the RR to tow behind our MH but then found out it can’t be flat towed with the full time 4x4 so I’m shopping trailers now. Getting sticker shock they have gone up in price about 30% to 40% or more in the past few years.
unlike many on this site I really didn’t expect to get my 2024 RR in 2023, the dealers don’t have a clue so they make up what ever they think the customer wants to hear.

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I bailed as well and got my deposit back. Really a shame because i was looking forward to the truck. Ordered an X3 which will be built next month.
I’m trying to hold out for the Ranger Raptor I ordered. I have a 2021 BMW M3 that I daily that I love. I took a CPO 2022 BMW X3M for a rip the other day and almost bought it and cancelled my Raptor order. Still may do that if the right one comes up for sale
Sponsored