• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Swap Suspension and Sway bar disconnect onto RR

J.Dub

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Millwrights
Since the Bronco Raptor and Ranger Raptor uses similar frame and engine. I wonder if the Fox 3.0 suspension and the sway bar disconnect can be installed on the Ranger Raptor. What you guys think?
Sponsored

OP
OP
J.Dub

J.Dub

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Millwrights
Which modifications would you have to do you think. For me I would think you would just swap the UCA, LCA, spindle, and cv axles for the front suspension. I don’t know if the shock tower mount is in a different spot.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Which modifications would you have to do you think. For me I would think you would just swap the UCA, LCA, spindle, and cv axles for the front suspension. I don’t know if the shock tower mount is in a different spot.
My assumption is that most or all of the suspension mounting points are different due to the 4" difference in travel. Shock mounts, control arms, and trailing arms. You've also got the Watt's linkage in the Ranger vs. a Panhard bar in the Bronco.

Based on the images below, the front shock towers on the Bronco appear to be significantly taller while the rear shock mounts look like completely different architecture.

Ford Ranger Bronco Raptor Swap Suspension and Sway bar disconnect onto RR 1715013860159-kq

Ford Ranger Bronco Raptor Swap Suspension and Sway bar disconnect onto RR 1715013848363-w

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
Frame modifications would be needed so as to add the upper shock/strut mounts front and rear and put them in the proper positions.

Some of the suspension parts/stuff on the Bronco Raptor are taken from the F150 Raptor, so it's not a simple remove this and install that. There are other things, but you'd have to find the youtube video from a couple years back that did a walk around of a Bronco Raptor frame with suspension and such mounted to it.

The tech goes into depth on what is all different from a Sasquatched Bronco, which to an extent applies to the G6 Ranger Raptor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
J.Dub

J.Dub

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Millwrights
I see. I was hoping to swap parts from Bronco to the Ranger like you could with an Integra with a Honda Civic like in the 90's.

So I guess getting the disconnect sway bar from the Bronco is probably not possible or that easy as well. I know the spindle and the LCA needs to change atleast.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
I see. I was hoping to swap parts from Bronco to the Ranger like you could with an Integra with a Honda Civic like in the 90's.

So I guess getting the disconnect sway bar from the Bronco is probably not possible or that easy as well. I know the spindle and the LCA needs to change atleast.
Doubtful that it's possible, at least without doing some serious fabrication work.

There are a few Bronco owners that have made the Badlands sway-bar disconnect work on other trims and used a couple of the overhead auxiliary to operate it, but that's on Broncos.

There's a possibility this could may made to work, if gaining a bit more articulation is wanted, but your on-road handling may suffer a bit.

BOSS 'Walker Link' sway bar shock system.

This is for the Bronco, so there's no guarantee that could or will work.

Last edited:

mtesni

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 23 Bronco Badlands
I'd guess nothing suspension wise from either the Bronco or Bronco Raptor would transfer over. I also have a 4-Dr Badlands and the suspension is completely different than what's on my Ranger Raptor. I poked my head underneath both quickly looking to do the same thing. I can probably snap some pictures tomorrow to show.
Sponsored