• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Sway Bar Disconnect

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Is anyone else a little disappointed that the Ranger Raptor doesn't come with sway bar disconnect? I know it's not a rock crawler, but I live in the Ozarks and I was looking forward to the extra off-road performance provided by having the sway bar disconnected while on the trails.

I assumed that it would since the Bronco Raptor comes with it. But I also understand that the Bronco Raptor is more suited for rock crawling than the Ranger Raptor. Although, I believe the Ranger Raptor has a Rock Crawl drive mode.

Hopefully there will be a good aftermarket solution thats easier than completely removing the swaybar links at the trailhead.
Sponsored

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
IMO not surprised. I know some other competitors have them (TRD Pro, Gladiator, and Wrangler). The Ranger has a locking front diff, so not having a swaybar disconnect makes it a deal breaker. Cost probably was a factor. Starting at $57,065 that includes destination, its hard to think if they made it more expensive, some would probably just buy a bigger truck or go with something else completely. If you're going to wheel enough to need it, aftermarket disconnect would be the way to go.

How I see it is :
They have swaybar disconnect.
Ranger Raptor has 405hp :rockon: 😘

OP
OP
coryyyy

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
IMO not surprised. I know some other competitors have them (TRD Pro, Gladiator, and Wrangler). The Ranger has a locking front diff, so not having a swaybar disconnect makes it a deal breaker. Cost probably was a factor. Starting at $57,065 that includes destination, its hard to think if they made it more expensive, some would probably just buy a bigger truck or go with something else completely. If you're going to wheel enough to need it, aftermarket disconnect would be the way to go.

How I see it is :
They have swaybar disconnect.
Ranger Raptor has 405hp :rockon: 😘
That’s a great way to look at it. I didn’t factor in cost. In no way does this make me any less excited for my RR, I just thought it was worth discussing. Haha

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not disappointed at all. Considering the RR is the targeting pre-runner and desert racing audience and not rock crawling, why would it have a sway bar disconnect? If I wanted a rock crawler I would have gone with a Bronco or some other short wheelbase setup.. I don't know if the Watts link would work well for full articulations either.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
The ranger raptor is a "Baja Truck" and not a "Rock Crawler". I imagine that is the reason why it doesn't have a sway bar disconnect.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
coryyyy

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Disconnecting the swaybar is not just for crawling through a rock garden in 4low. Traction is greatly increased in rutted out trails and during off camber situations by having your swaybar disconnected. Like the trails that I'm surrounded by here in the Ozarks. Which is why I pointed that out, right after pointing out "I know this is not a rock crawler". Although, Ford did choose to add a "Rock Crawler" mode. But I assume that was just leftover from the software in the Bronco and wasnt worth taking out.

I realize that some people live near the desert and that is the only form of offroading that you plan on doing, if any. But these trucks are capable of other things. I was just looking to get peoples thoughts and spark up a converstation while we all wait for our trucks to be delivered.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Disconnecting the swaybar is not just for crawling through a rock garden in 4low. Traction is greatly increased in rutted out trails and during off camber situations by having your swaybar disconnected. Like the trails that I'm surrounded by here in the Ozarks. Which is why I pointed that out, right after pointing out "I know this is not a rock crawler". Although, Ford did choose to add a "Rock Crawler" mode. But I assume that was just leftover from the software in the Bronco and wasnt worth taking out.

I realize that some people live near the desert and that is the only form of offroading that you plan on doing, if any. But these trucks are capable of other things. I was just looking to get peoples thoughts and spark up a converstation while we all wait for our trucks to be delivered.
I'm sure we can come up with multiple reasons why they might have not gone with it. It starts to get you thinking was it a rush build for the NA market?

Au gets rear AC vents but no Dual illum Vanity Mirrors.
NA gets a storage cubby for stuff instead of the AC vent it should have and Dual illum Vanity Mirrors.

So what, the NA market needs illum vanity mirrors for what? Tell me?! 😂

OP
OP
coryyyy

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I'm sure we can come up with multiple reasons why they might have not gone with it. It starts to get you thinking was it a rush build for the NA market?

Au gets rear AC vents but no Dual illum Vanity Mirrors.
NA gets a storage cubby for stuff instead of the AC vent it should have and Dual illum Vanity Mirrors.

So what, the NA market needs illum vanity mirrors for what? Tell me?! 😂
That's funny that you mention that. I currently drive an old Jeep and my 5 year old daughter asked why the a/c doesn't reach her very well in the back and I said "Don't worry, I'm 99% sure my new truck will have rear AC vents". I don't have the heart to tell her that, for some reason, it won't.

And just yesterday my wife and I were watching a walkthrough of the AUS version and the lack of dual illum vanity mirrors was the first thing she noticed. She sarcastically said "Forget it. Let's just get something else". I didn't realize that the NA version has them.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer

Yeah, I could see use for them in that situation.I was thinking more along the lines of technical trail sections where full articulation is required. I've had a F250 crew cab, long bed sitting on the frame on a tank trail before. The ruts were filled with water so we didn't know some were 3ft deep till it was too late. Our main off-roading forest roads and trails. Any big rutted sections are usually from logging and introduce a bunch of other obstacles along with deep ruts, like mud and half buried sticks and logs, which is outside my idea of fun. Probably why my tow strap is still in the wrapper. ;)

J.Dub

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Millwrights
Could you get the Disconnect Sway bar from the Bronco and install it on the Ranger? I know you would have to change the LCA because the sway bar connects to that on the Bronco.

gdub

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer.
Disconnected anti-sway bars also help to smooth the ride on washboard surfaced trails. Many desert trails are loaded with that.
Sponsored