• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

CarPlay <> iPhone connection issue

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Does anyone else have issues with their iPhone connecting to Apple CarPlay or is this just user error on my part? Like sometimes it works, and sometimes it won’t. Thanks in advance because this is getting annoying. Haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
It's happening to everyone. It's a bug in the software that needs patched ASAP. Probably 1/3rd of the time, I have to disconnect and reconnect because nothing is playing out the speakers. I've also seen it play in the right speakers only. I have to disconnect/reconnect to get it to play out the driver side speakers. It's maddening.

@Ford Motor Company what's the priority in getting this fixed? Everyone has been complaining about it.

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
I’m having same issue. Pisses me off all the time. I figured it was something I was doing wrong or it was my phone. I have a iPhone 14 Plus. Sometimes I have to stop the truck and totally reset everything to get it to work and then next I get in truck and it switches over no issues. I can’t figure it out. When it does it the phone is Bluetoothed to truck and will play music and make calls just won’t switch over to car play. I sometimes have issues making phone calls also. It calls the people but you can’t hear them unless you pick up phone.

OP
OP

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
It's happening to everyone. It's a bug in the software that needs patched ASAP. Probably 1/3rd of the time, I have to disconnect and reconnect because nothing is playing out the speakers. I've also seen it play in the right speakers only. I have to disconnect/reconnect to get it to play out the driver side speakers. It's maddening.
Ok cool it’s not just me. Same exact issues as you.

0ak9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I haven’t had any issues yet… just over 1,000 miles driven and owned for right under a month. Fingers crossed im not affected.

Sponsored

Scotty piffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ranger lariat
Occupation
Sales
Same issue, 50% of time I start truck I have to go to phone menu click disconnect then click reconnect and it fixes it, very annoying

OP
OP

Dubfound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Same issue, 50% of time I start truck I have to go to phone menu click disconnect then click reconnect and it fixes it, very annoying
Good to know you can get it to work that way. I have been restarting my iPhone a plugging usb cord. Hahaha

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
Interesting. I’m not even a week in with my XLT but it connects automatically most of the time. I say “most of the time” because the second time I drove CarPlay did not connect, but it has every time since then.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Velocity Blue
Does it happen when you are only wireless, or both wired and wireless?

Sponsored

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
MIne always connects, but sometimes there's no audio from the phone. Disconnecting on the phone menu and reconnecting usually fixes it. I'd guess it does it about 10% of then time.

Pharmerdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 1999 Mustang GT
MIne always connects, but sometimes there's no audio from the phone. Disconnecting on the phone menu and reconnecting usually fixes it. I'd guess it does it about 10% of then time.
Same here

JR007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
The only issue I seem to have with connecting to CarPlay is how long it takes. My Bronco was immediately whereas my Raptor can take up to 2 minutes.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Yup probably every 5-6th drive I get in the car and there’s no audio from CarPlay, have to disconnect and reconnect to get it working.

Also have had a fair number of instances where CarPlay just drops and has to reconnect.

The concept of over the air updates just gives companies the ability to ship incomplete products. I’m not very hopeful Ford will fix this shit, when the same basic software would have been out in ROW for over a year.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
I just got mine today, on my long 5 trip back home, about an hour into my return trip in the RR I lost my carplay, because my phone got overheated by the wireless charger that I had set my phone on. Held it up to an old
Sponsored