Sponsored

Drive Modes changing (not requested by you) while you're driving?

DennisRRHam

Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Nov 8, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
16
Reaction score
6
Location
Hanford, CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Raptor Ranger
Occupation
Retired
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor - while I was driving at around 45 mph (in Normal mode on flat highway terrain), I noticed that my instrument cluster was changing (showing a different 4WD drive mode). I did not select it, nor had I been touching the rotary knob. I caught me by surprise. I eventually slowed down and returned the drive mode back to Normal.

Has anyone else experienced this before?
Sponsored

 

ReduxEngineer

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
23
Reaction score
28
Location
United States
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Do you mean like the Entire Screen Color and Cluster design changed to like Off Road Mode from Normal,

or you went from 2H to 4WD out of the blue?

If it's the later I've accidentally bumped the 4A once or twice when putting a cup/tumbler in the cup holder.
 
OP
OP
DennisRRHam

DennisRRHam

Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Nov 8, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
16
Reaction score
6
Location
Hanford, CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Raptor Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Do you mean like the Entire Screen Color and Cluster design changed to like Off Road Mode from Normal,

or you went from 2H to 4WD out of the blue?

If it's the later I've accidentally bumped the 4A once or twice when putting a cup/tumbler in the cup holder.
The entire screen color and cluster design changed.
 

Sponsored

GrossMan

Active Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
34
Reaction score
57
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger XLT
I'll join that. I have this happen occasionally. Just driving along and it starts to switch modes. I'm almost positive it's the dial itself. When it's happening, if lightly tap the dial it will switch modes. Power off and on seems to fix.

I also occasionally get "drive modes not available". Then the dial does nothing until I powercycle the car again.

I've been working in IT for over 30 years. I'm tired of rebooting.
 
 







Top