• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Dual battery secondary inverter

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Have you explored this on the 2024 RR? Any suggestion on battery and inverter placement?
Sponsored

Last edited:

entersandmann

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1996 Mystic Cobra
Occupation
Controls Engineer
im not sure what you mean. The ranger has available 400w in bed (standard on raptor)

TDPD

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4runner - '24 RR on order
Here is a relevant vid from Australia for an XLT.

I imagine there may be enough room in the engine bay to have a second battery in some of the 6G Ranger models, but not the RR.?.? But, I have seen many with RRs installing a second slim battery behind the back seat like this guys doing.

Westyside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Taco
I'm not sure what the benefit of this is.

Is it for having a boat switch to not run down your chassis battery with accessories? What are y'all trying to power that exceeds the in-bed 400W plug?

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I'm not sure what the benefit of this is.

Is it for having a boat switch to not run down your chassis battery with accessories? What are y'all trying to power that exceeds the in-bed 400W plug?
For people that do overlanding, a second vehicle battery, upgraded inverter, solar panels, and/or external battery packs allow someone to have power on extended camping trips. This is something that’s really popular in Australia and is becoming very popular in NA as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
81stfacp

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
For people that do overlanding, a second vehicle battery, upgraded inverter, solar panels, and/or external battery packs allow someone to have power on extended camping trips. This is something that’s really popular in Australia and is becoming very popular in NA as well.
Thank you.

At our Elk hunting base camp, 9400 ft up, though we have minimal power, I intend to use the RR for power contingency.

Ford Ranger Dual battery secondary inverter 20221027_183703
Ford Ranger Dual battery secondary inverter 20221027_154118

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Lots and lots of options available in Aus. I won't post links as there are so many - just do a google search like "next gen ranger lithium battery site:au" and you will see plenty of examples.

It's just my opinion (which I realise you weren't asking for) but personally I see very little point in hard mounting a lithium battery and all the associated gubbins when you look at the portable power stations that are available. The EcoFlow and Bluetti ranges (not sponsored) have high capacity batteries, high capacity inverters built in and high charge rates and you get all this for less than it would cost you to hard mount. Plus you get the added advantage of being able to move it to where you need your power or to use it at home or in another car.
The only advantage of the hard mounted battery is that it doesn't take up usable space - though I'm sure you could use the space it consumes for other things.

OP
OP
81stfacp

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Lots and lots of options available in Aus. I won't post links as there are so many - just do a google search like "next gen ranger lithium battery site:au" and you will see plenty of examples.

It's just my opinion (which I realise you weren't asking for) but personally I see very little point in hard mounting a lithium battery and all the associated gubbins when you look at the portable power stations that are available. The EcoFlow and Bluetti ranges (not sponsored) have high capacity batteries, high capacity inverters built in and high charge rates and you get all this for less than it would cost you to hard mount. Plus you get the added advantage of being able to move it to where you need your power or to use it at home or in another car.
The only advantage of the hard mounted battery is that it doesn't take up usable space - though I'm sure you could use the space it consumes for other things.
Thank you for pointing out the examples in Australia. Will search the web.

You are right, there are a lot of pluses in a portable unit.

Deleted member 6753

Over landing in Australia would be interestin, I did some work offshore Darwin a very long time ago and I was told to be careful. Everything over there will sting you, bite you or eat you.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Over landing in Australia would be interestin, I did some work offshore Darwin a very long time ago and I was told to be careful. Everything over there will sting you, bite you or eat you.
Yep. Roof top tents are popular for the north end. Sleeping in a swag or tent on the ground at the beach up there has proven to be "challenging" for some unlucky campers.
Sponsored