• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Authority article: 2024 FORD RANGER PRODUCTION INCREASED, BUT NONE WERE SOLD

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
In January, a grand total of 2,644 2024 Ford Ranger pickups were built at MAP, which represented an increase of 2,242 units, or 558 percent, compared to December 2023. That number grew to 2,871 units in February – an increase of 227 units, or around 8.6 percent. More surprising, Ford sold precisely zero Rangers last month, meaning that the supply of 2023 models seems to be depleted, and there simply aren’t any new 2024 models on lots as of yet.

2024 Ford Ranger Production Increased, But None Were Sold (fordauthority.com)
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
No shocker. Haven't been any 23s in months. And they haven't shipped 24s as the oktb had not been reached.

Atleast they are beginning to build some.

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
That’s so many trucks sitting around on a lot. Couldn’t imagine trying to organize/ship all those

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
That’s so many trucks sitting around on a lot. Couldn’t imagine trying to organize/ship all those
Happened with broncos and f150s. Nothing new, sadly.

They have production requirements in their uaw contracts so they have to produce vehicles. They've been awaiting quality checks and the ok to buy to be released.

I'm with you though. That's a lot of trucks to get organized and shipped off. But they've done it before so I'd assume they have a good process for handling this in place. Let's hope, anyways.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truthfully the few thousand Rangers sitting in the lot is child's play compared to the amount of broncos that were sitting at dirt mountain during the pandemic.

It shouldn't take Ford too long to get through this backlog when they decide to do so.

Sponsored

Mhutch1212

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150 XLT
Occupation
Parts Manager
Happened with broncos and f150s. Nothing new, sadly.

They have production requirements in their uaw contracts so they have to produce vehicles. They've been awaiting quality checks and the ok to buy to be released.

I'm with you though. That's a lot of trucks to get organized and shipped off. But they've done it before so I'd assume they have a good process for handling this in place. Let's hope, anyways.
I’m new here but what do you mean Ok to buy?

DozerFiXr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Mechanic
I’m new here but what do you mean Ok to buy?
Extra Quality Control step puts vehicles on hold after they are built. Once vehicles have the additional QC check completed, they are released to ship from the factory as OKTB.